Regards

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Back to the topic please!!!

Panic almost over!!!!!

Today in the garage and:

Roof added to Peco Shed using the spare side walls as the roof to maintain continuity with the other shed.

Work out controller location.

Pick my best two locos for smooth and silent operation - others failed to perform as well including my trackmobile that couldn't propel a dummy loco, so there will be an e-Bay sale upon my return!

Aerial view of the whole project.

Almost ready for that first exhibition in February.

Dave

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 21 Dec 2008, 17:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Almost ready for that first exhibition in February.

Looking good Dave, I reckon you might just finish it.

Regards

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 21 Dec 2008, 17:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>others failed to perform as well including my trackmobile that couldn't propel a dummy loco, so there will be an e-Bay sale upon my return!
Dave

Looking very good Dave - please give us the heads up when the trackmobile is on fleabay.

(BTW - I though off topic was a forum speciallity).

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 22 Dec 2008, 18:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looking very good Dave - please give us the heads up when the trackmobile is on fleabay.

(BTW - I though off topic was a forum speciallity).

Hi Brian,

It is 21:15 on 7 January at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Ortigas, Manila and I'm knackered after the 28-32C heat of the past 10 days in the Northern Philippines!!!

Could you please remind me about the trackmobile for when I get home from Singapore on 20th? We might be able to negotiate through PMs or directly.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
***Don't visit Perth on the way back then... we've now had a week of 35~40 degrees, and more to come!

Richard

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 7 Jan 2009, 13:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm knackered after the 28-32C heat of the past 10 days in the Northern Philippines!!!

Hmm a bit too warm for me, but a bit warmer than the southeast UK this week - I think it got above freezing today!

Regards

·
Administrator
10,037 Posts
QUOTE we've now had a week of 35~40 degrees, and more to come!

I was wondering who'd got all the heat
(no sunnies on the smiley because there wasn't any today).

David

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Burning trees to keep warm?

Regards

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Back on track now!!!!

I hate to say this chaps, but........

'Fuel Pad' is now complete!!!!

The final locos used are Bachmann Alaska RR GP40-2 and a newly acquired Athearn SD45 Demonstrator.

Now all ready for 21 February!

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 8 Jan 2009, 16:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Burning trees to keep warm?

Regards
Ha ha!
Yes they would because burning wood is considered to be carbon zero. The tree takes up CO2 as it grows and only releases that what it took up when burning. Fossil fuels on the other hand are releasing stored carbon and so add to the sum of green house gas. And its generally accepted that it will get colder in snaps before it gets warmer overall due to unusual weather events.
No, I dont understand it completly either, and nore to most of the so called scientists (which work on "best guess" most of the time!!!)
You can have your thread back now
Love the fuelling depot!
Steve

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.