Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gauge 00 Collett 0-6-0 in BR unlined black, lion and wheel crest, numbered 2203. To all extents it is a Mainline model, with standard Mainline mechanism and driving wheels which plug in to nylon axles. However the wheel keeper plate, which also carries the brake gear, is marked "Bachmann Hong Kong" Unfortunately there is no box with it.

I can not trace a model with this running number in old Mainline catalogues or Pat Hammond's books, and I wonder whether it could be a version produced by Bachmann immediately after their takeover of Mainline, before they produced their own chassis. Can anyone confirm this? Does the loco have any value as a rarity?

fastred

·
Registered
64 Posts
QUOTE (peter @ 13 Aug 2007, 15:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a gauge 00 Collett 0-6-0 in BR unlined black, lion and wheel crest, numbered 2203. To all extents it is a Mainline model, with standard Mainline mechanism and driving wheels which plug in to nylon axles. However the wheel keeper plate, which also carries the brake gear, is marked "Bachmann Hong Kong" Unfortunately there is no box with it.

I can not trace a model with this running number in old Mainline catalogues or Pat Hammond's books, and I wonder whether it could be a version produced by Bachmann immediately after their takeover of Mainline, before they produced their own chassis. Can anyone confirm this? Does the loco have any value as a rarity?

fastred
It was produced for Replica in 1989 (cat no 11042). Doubt its worth anything more than a Mainline one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for that info, Mike. I had totally forgotten that some Replica models came in between Mainline and Bachmann.

fastred

1 - 3 of 3 Posts