Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Model Rail Forum roving reporters have just returned from the Nürnberg toy Fair where we viewed and tried some fantastic new Model Rail products.

Over the next few days I will be sorting through my photos and catalogues to bring you some of the best news from the show. Dennis is there now as well and he will be also reporting when he gets to an Internet connection, either in Germany or a few days later when he gets home to California.

·
DT
4,794 Posts

Hornby at Nürnberg

Regarding British models, there was nothing on show. Hornby International with it's continental offerings was represented instead.

Just a note about their DCC offering. Their message was to bring simplicity to DCC. 'Digital' is the way forward with a collection of easy to use and intuative products that do away with acronyms and complicated concepts. Their main aim is to bring the hundreds of thousands of railway modelers into the Digital arena wich will benifit the hobby as a whole.

Hornby showed it's new concept DCC controllers. They were even controlling a couple of locos with a pre-production model (below) that was made from cast resin. The controllers looked a little chunky, but were very apealing to the touch and they did look good.

I think that with the right marketing and agressive pricing, they are onto a winner with this range. Lets hope that it's out for Christmas and then in 2007 there will be an even bigger demand for Digital products for the following years.

I'm not sure exactly what was shown in London from the Electrotren, Jouef, Lima, Rivarossi and Arnold ranges, but in Nürnberg, there was a good display on show.

Hornby International Products.

I'm not sure how Electrotren fits into the Hornby International scheme. There is no Electrotren section on the Hornby web site and it is not mentioned in the Hornby International catalogue, but it was on show at the stand.

Rivarossi was on show with it's fantastic american Big Boy 4-8-8-4 and Allegheny 2-6-6-6 locos. Their well known quality is still there and I'm sure the locos will do really well.

Some other Rivarossi items.

HR 2020 limited edition train set (Italy) - Wooden presentation box, 1870's 0-4-0 FNM loco and 2 coaches.

HR 2028 Steam locomotive Class Gr.740 - FS (1911-1922) 2-4-0. DCC ready and lights.

HR 2018 Diesel locomotive Class D.245 - FS (1965-1969) FS colours (green/yellow). DCC ready and lights.

HR 2025 Diesel locomotive Class D.250 - FS (orange/yellow). DCC ready and lights.

HR 2024 Diesel Railcar Class Aln.668 - FS. One motorised coach and one dummy coach. DCC ready and lights.

HR 2023 Electric Locomotive Class E.646 - FS. DCC ready and lights. Cantenary pickup option.

HR 2026 Electric Locomotive Class E.428 - FS (I-series). Built 1934-1943 I-series (squared), II-series (semi aerodynamic) and III-series (aerodynamic). DCC ready and lights. Cantenary pickup option.

HR 2019 Electric Locomotive Class E.428 - FS (III-series). Lights and cantenary pickup option.

HR 2021 Electric Locomotive Class E.652 - FS. 1989-1996. Lights and cantenary pickup option.

HR 2022 Electric Locomotive Class E.645 - FS. DCC ready and lights. Cantenary pickup option.

HR 4017 2nd Class Passenger Autocoach - FS

HR 4018 1st Class 'middle distance' Passenger car - FS

HR 4019 2nd Class middle distance' Passenger car - FS

The other models are available on the Hornby International website.

The Arnold Brand is back

MORE TO COME...

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Slot Diversion.

Who likes cars and trains? Who would like to have slotcars on a train layout?

SlotCars in HO scale!!!

Check it out: Faller Go-Kart race track

'Sinuous' two-lane kart track. Hand controllers (thumb) allow you to get involved and do some racing.

Further vehicles are available and buildings are supplied to match.

The circuit is about 42cm x 30cm. It runs on 16V DC current. I do believe that the price was about 150 Euros for the whole thing.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Dennis for the link. Great photos indeed. You have me wrong about the scenery

Some incredible scenes. How about this one (refugees):

And this (double roundhouse):

Interesting how the Germans model. They quite often weather their locos and scenery, but they do so in an unrealistic way. They keep the weathering 'clean'. It still looks pristine and neat and sometimes toy-like. Sure there are exceptions, but this is the sort of thing that I'm getting at:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.