Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts

Lenz was showing off a couple of new items in their digital range and some new items in their Lenz Spur 0 range.

Lenz Digital

The Silver mini decoder
This decoder is available with 2 functions, it comes with a NEM651 plug (article #10311) or just with bare wires (article #10310). Motor current in amps is 0.5 continuous and 0.8 peak. Size is 11mm x 9mm x 2.6mm.

The Silver direct decoder
This decoder is available with 4 functions, it comes with a directly attached NEM652 plug (article #10330). Motor current in amps is 1.0 continuous and 1.8 peak. Size is 18mm x 13mm x 4.5mm.

On show also were their Silver decoders and their Gold mini decoders.

Lenz Spur 0

Perhaps in Germany you are not a model train company unless you produce model trains and scenery. Lenz produces some O gauge locos and scenery items. They were very poroud to show me their Krakow Station building.

They had some models on display

Including this entry-level set containing one Koef2 loco (above), two trucks, oval track, 1 switch with sidings and a controller.

The system has remote controlable couplers on all rolling stock.

Special characteristics of the Koef2 loco:
* Finely detailed model
* engine driver figure
* high speed engine with drive on all axles
* automatic coupler
* constant lights (directional)
* feather/spring buffers
* metal wheel sets after NEM and RP25
* automatic recognition of digital (DCC) and conventional dc operation
* sound ready
* load control with particularly good slow handling characteristics
* adjustable starting and brake delay
* USP
* ABC
* RailCom
* coupler operated by remote control

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Doug, the Silver direct decoder. Does it have the same features as the Gold ie BEMF, Constant braking etc but without the SUSI interface and USP conections and would it plug in to say the DCC socket on a Hornby 8F with the body on?

Regards
Ozzie21

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Ozzie21 @ 9 Feb 2006, 01:15)Doug, the Silver direct decoder. Does it have the same features as the Gold ie BEMF, Constant braking etc but without the SUSI interface and USP conections and would it plug in to say the DCC socket on a Hornby 8F with the body on?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, the Silver direct is like the Gold without RailCom, USP and S.U.S.I. interface.

It is 18mm wide, so if there is 18mm of space in the 8F at the plug position (I don't know) then it will be fine.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Right, 18MM, should have thought of that. :
I'll have to wait till one get's down here to try it.

Thanks
Ozzie21

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
So all Lenz have done on the DCC side for the last year is deliver stuff announced in 2004 and design a new PCB layout for the silver decoder? No BM2, BM3 modules to make use of ABC? One assumes that their development is driven by sound commercial logic, which gives pause for thought; or worry?

David

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>what do you mean?
If you mentioned that they were available, then I missed it - sorry.

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts