Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there.

Thought you might be interested in a project I've undertaken!

I'm not an experienced modeller by any means (this is my first N gauge model!!) but I decided to model the FM Rail Blue Pullman, complete with the FULL train of 11 coaches and two Class 47s!

I haven't done much to it recentl, but here is what I have done so far!

http://ngaugebluepullman.fotopic.net

I will be putting some time to one side to do some more soon, so I will let you know of updates.

Any comments/criticisms gladly received so I can make it as good as possible!

Cheers for now

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Jiffyman

Looking good - it's a brave project in N, I for one wouldn't try it.

Regards

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, in at the deep end!!

I've not done a great deal of modelling, I had never used an airbrush before, and dont get me started on the transfers......... lol!!!

BUT, to be totally honest, once I'm getting into it, it's really relaxing.

I'm waiting for a nice warm sunny day to get outside and do the blue on all the coaches and locos, then I can do the rest inside!!

Should look good when its finished!

Really don't know what prompted me to do it in the first place, but there you go, got to have something to do!!

Oh, and BRITHO, like your signature!!!!!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (jiffyman @ 2 Mar 2007, 20:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh, and BRITHO, like your signature!!!!!

I'm glad you like it!!

Regards

John

·
is asleep
758 Posts
Very impressive so far.

Do the coaches have NEM coupling sockets? If so I would recommend replacing the Rapidos with Fleischmann Profi couplers or I believe there are some American makes like Micro Trains that you could try. I find that nothing looks more bizarre than huge 'long jump required' gaps between coaches, especially in long rakes (when the gaps can add up to a coach length!). Since you are gutting an existing model it might be worth adding better couplings anyway even without NEM sockets since you can paint/airbrush over the modified undercarriage.

Goedel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are standard graham farish coaches.
I did think about other couplings, but I'm waiting to see what gap there is once the brass etches buffer plates are put on two coaches, this will bring the gap down a bit, but unsure how much yet!

I'll find out soon enough, I'm sure

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, this year just got busier!

Unfortunately the Blue Pullman has been put on hold as I have other commitments at the mo, will get more done to it towards the end of the year.
I'd rather have time to concentrate on it fully than rush it and make silly mistakes.!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.