Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ian Wigglesworth
750 Posts
Can anybody recommend any good decoders that are small enough to fit in an N gauge castle class loco?

My father has now got his set-up running and is looking to convert to DCC, I just wanted to find the small decoders that would fit.

If possible with either dither or B-EMF to give best possible running.

Thanks

Ian

·
Ian Wigglesworth
750 Posts
Thanks.

He has had a TCS M1 fitted.
He went to a local model shop that deals in digital systems, they fitted this on a while you wait basis, only took the guy about 15-20mins!!
I thought that was very fast, I didn't realise you had to drill the brush holder and put an insulated one in, then the insulated clip!

Glad I didn't attempt that! I know these parts came as a kit but, what a nightmare to fit all of that.

Anyway, his Loco is now DCC (a castle class GrahamFarrish) So he needed a DCC control system.

This place was excellent they have most of the top stuff connected to different layouts which you can try, very useful.

In the end he bought the NCE power cab, with the 1.7Amp power transformer, which should be plenty to run 2 locos and his points, using the Lenz stationary decoder which controls 6 points.

I've not seen or read about this NCE power cab, but it seems a very good very easy system to use.

Ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.