Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am thinking that now farish have halved the body that comes off the chassis and gives you access to where the cab area has anyone had any experiance of fitting people inside.

I have had a look on the gaugemaster site and the only persons that they have are all standing up.

I would ideally like ready painted figures as I have developed the shakes and cannot paint carefully enough to get my standing figures looking right nevermind painting orange maroon of green jump suits.

Any help is greatfull.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Then amputation from waist below seems the only possible solution of your N figures. Thats what I did with my HO standing drivers.

Baykal

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
As Baykal says - amputation is the only way - don't know about N but with HO "sitting" figures still have to have the legs chopped off because in most coaches the model floor is actually much higher than it really should be.

Don't forget that figures inside carriages do not require the standard of detail they would if they are outside.

One tip though - do not use superglue to fix them - it gives off fumes that will make the windows go opache !

Hope this helps.

·
is asleep
758 Posts
It's alright for some - on my layout some drivers have given so many years of service that they know the route blindfolded and will frequently drive with the blinds down...

Picture: 1zu160

Hmm...would the shadow of a driver painted onto the blind be convincing? Or should I only use these locomotives for the push part of push-pull services?

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
You will need to amputate at waist level at least - some of the "drivers" in road vehicles on St. Lauren are actually cut off above the waist.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts