Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Folks

I'm looking for a site or web page that explains the difference between model narrow gauge scales, ie. 009, HOe, OOn3, etc... I understand O, HO/OO, N, Z, etc, but am mightily confused on narrow gauge side of things

I returned to model building 12 months ago and would like to build a layout, due to lack of space narrow gauge would seem to fit the bill and give me the opportunity to build most of the rolling stock myself, any help gratefully recieved.

David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Again Folks,

Thank you for the replies, everything is a lot clearer now... I think I will stick to the HOe & 009 as they seem to be compatible with each other and there is a large number of kits available, also my space is limited to max 2' x 3'. Also I live in Rep of Ireland and HO/OO accessories will no doubt be more easily obtained than other scales. BTW when i mentioned building most of the rolling stock, I meant from kit form rather than scratch built. I think this will take the form of a working diorama rather than a full scale working layout with the scene as a whole taking priority...i remember many years ago attending an exhibition near Milton Keynes, when i lived in the UK, and being amazed by a simple long curve of single track leading into a station, every few minutes a train would appear from the tunnel and roll lazily into the station where it would sit for another few minutes before it rolled out again the way it had come...the anticipation was almost tangible, attention to the scenic detail was fabulous, i believe it was around 12-15' long in total...
One further question if I may, if i keep to shorter rolling stock, what would be the tightest radius bend i could get away with behind the scenes?

Thanx again to all those that answered my post, it is this sort of help which is invaluable to people new or returning to this or any hobby, now if any one needs to know anything about bog snorkelling fire away

David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.