Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this while recovering some pictures in the news group Alt.binaries.pictures.rail Looks like a nice day out.

QUOTE Looking for a great day out in Derbyshire? Then look no further than Crich Tramway Village. Nestling high up in the heart of Derbyshire overlooking the famous Derwent Valley and open almost throughout the year, Crich Tramway Village is a lovingly restored period village that is also home to the National Tramway Museum and its world renowned archives.

You should find all the information you need about the village and museum including all the important things like opening times, events, and directions by using the links to your left. Should you require any further help give us a call on 01773 854321.
National Tram Museum

·
Registered
122 Posts
I can assure ANYBODY going there, they will enjoy it. I went a few years ago and had a Fantastic time. It is very reasonable and you do get a good variety of lovely Trams. I am hoping to go again sometime this year, as I do every year, because like trains/railways, so I like Trams. Is it worth a visit? TOO right it is.

If anybody doesn't enjoy it or theirself, then it is entirely their OWN fault.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Had a great day at the tram museum, think it was about £8 entry, and they give you a old penny for your ride on the tram, it instantly transports you back 50 or so years, very impressive.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Crich is wonderful. Superb recreation of something once everyday in Britain's larger towns and cities but now long gone (excepting the slick new ones in Manchester, etc). Highly recommended.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear all,
Yes i would reccommend anyone who wants to go to the Tram Musem. Then please go. I am intersested in Trains and also like Trams. Its reasonble price.
Beforen you go why don't you go on their website. It will give you all the information you need.

Regards
Neil

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
while we are on the subject of trams, i do fancy a go at one of those tramalan kits!
mallard i thought the critch museum web site was pretty poor. it barly tells you what you are going to see there. it basically sais come and see our trams and telly you which ones they have there.
where are the details about the site? where are the trackplans? where are the restoration reports?....
its a long way to go for me but i will try and go this summer i think.

Peter

·
Registered
521 Posts
Just a word on the entry fee.
£9 each isn't exactly cheap and, for a family, £24 would be quite an expensive visit.
I would hazard a guess that for many of the nine pounds they take on the gate, quite a few potential visitors didn't accompany the ticket buyer that might have done so if the price were less. Man and wife at as low as a fiver each is still £1 more income than a solo man at £9 and a couple would be more likely to spend extra money on refreshments etc. It's hard to judge how other people spend their money, but I wouldn't want to be paying the asking price for more than myself, especially if the partner was not particularly interested, only going under duress or threat of divorce for poor guy who wants to go anywhere without his chaperonne. They exist!

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Rail-Rider @ 27 Jun 2006, 20:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just a word on the entry fee.
£9 each isn't exactly cheap and, for a family, £24 would be quite an expensive visit.
I would hazard a guess that for many of the nine pounds they take on the gate, quite a few potential visitors didn't accompany the ticket buyer that might have done so if the price were less. Man and wife at as low as a fiver each is still £1 more income than a solo man at £9 and a couple would be more likely to spend extra money on refreshments etc. It's hard to judge how other people spend their money, but I wouldn't want to be paying the asking price for more than myself, especially if the partner was not particularly interested, only going under duress or threat of divorce for poor guy who wants to go anywhere without his chaperonne. They exist!

Thats a fair call about a lot of visitor attractions in the UK. 10 quid seems to be the going rate, and thats a lot of money for what can often be viewed in an hour.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts