Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your help, I am building my first all singing, all dancing layout in 00 gauge that makes use of no less than 12 sets of points. i want to build some sort of light board so I can keep track of all of the point settings. there are 2 reasons for this, first i want to minimise the risk of short circuits and second i want to keep shunting operations as error free as possible. is there anybody out there who has done this before or would be able to design a wiring diagram that would work?

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks for your idea, I never thought about using microswitches. I was trying to come up with some sort of system using relays but your idea is now so obvious.

would i be able to use the microswitch method for point motors sited next to the track or do i have to have all of my motors underneath?

erm...this might sound a bit silly but where can i get peco microswitches from and how much are they? also,...exactly where would you put them on the motor and how would they be attached?

I have so many questions he he he

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aha i see. you might of guessed by now that i am still a novice at this but i love challenges that is why i have gone for quite an ambitious layout. can you tell me of any pitfalls that i should really know about or stay clear of before i start to landscape?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow thank you. I have studied the diagram and it seems to fit my need perfectly. now all i have to do is produce the circuit 12 times lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts