Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm in need of some steps that will allow my rail workers to enter the train shed Ive seen the Hornby embankment steps but they are not tall enough ,it would be much better to make my own or from a kit to the desired height,can anyone point me in the right direction
many thanks

Rob on the job

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Hi Rob,

Look at using plasticard sheet cut to your requirements or the plastruct range contains steps in length that can be used.

Plastruct

http://www.ema-models.com/catalogue/0064-p...ders-n-rai.html have a look around this site for more ideas.

Or use insulation block as i have for my rocks on the layout and carve your own steps out of it , easy to work and it can give a natural stone steps rather than wood types.

·
Dogsbody
1,387 Posts
How about copying the prototype. Cut a load of long thin rectangles twice the width of the steps you need (width dependent upon angle) and glue 'em together. Thick card or plastic will do the job but you can use brass if you want to add bluetac to the belt and braces.

·
Registered
762 Posts
If you dont want to do the scratchbuilding you can find steps in various footbridge kits. You might be able to find incomplete or badly made kits second hand from which you can cut the length or width of steps that you need.
good luck either way.
Andrew

·
Totally Crazy.......
684 Posts
I offered to do a quick sketch for rob and email it to him, After that i thought i may as well share it as well for anyone else out there ................ sorry about my terrible sketch and handwriting, i just did it really quick in between waiting for fast cast resin to set!! you can change the step width to anything you want really still looks good .................................................. have tryed to keep the picture small as well ---- and readable still !!!

Hope it helps someones out there!!

Nikki

1 - 8 of 8 Posts