Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dogsbody
1,387 Posts
I've got three of the earlier 25's; all models of 25/2's with the revised body style and representing the five prototypes that had steam heating boilers fitted, so with water as well as fuel tanks underslung.

I like the idea of sound but would want to retain the models that I have. So for me the question is could the older bodies be fitted to the new sound chassis ?

Has anybody got both who can comment please ?

Bob

p.s. The plastic hand rails supplied by Bachmann were a pain and never looked right. I replaced them with thin wire stuck directly to the body with pva. Looks good and they have not come off (yet).

·
Dogsbody
1,387 Posts
Hi Rob

You make it sound so easy. (Pun ?)

What kit did you use, does it sound OK and where did you stick the speaker ?

Please post a few more details,

Thanks

Bob

·
Dogsbody
1,387 Posts
Thanks 34C, I'll start saving (but the way the exchange rate is going credit may be cheaper in the long run).

As well as sound 25's I wonder about 33's. They may have had a couple of extra cylinders but their Sulzers sounded quite similer, only louder, at least when ticking over and starting the train in the station. Or is my memory deficient ? - never did here a 24, 25, 26 or 27 at the same time as a 33: but then I'm sure it was a BR conspiracy to keep them separate !!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.