Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

we have a rake a 6 mk1 coaches, which appear to be from Tri-ang kits (These coaches here ).

The bogies on these have somewhat course wheels and flat axles, which makes changing them quite hard. The other option we have looked at is replacing the bogie's on these coaches.

so my question is, which bogie's? I've noticed that Bachmann now do spare bogie's, are these worth looking at, or do people have better suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Tim

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is very easy as these coaches are still in production, albeit in improved form. The bogies now clip in but as the underframe moulding has not significantly changed the new ones will clip straight in. If you have the CKD version this is simple - just unscrew the old bogies and clip the new ones in. Old ready built ones had the bogies rivetted on so with those changing the wheelsets is the easy option.

·
Registered
421 Posts
QUOTE (kanonfodda @ 20 Apr 2008, 22:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks for the info.

these are the screw on kind of bogie. I'm assuming that I can just get spares from Hornby then?

Hi - I suspect that the CKD kits had a screw fitting instead of the then factory produced items which had a rivet. I think the clip in bogies only came with the later Triang-Hornby versions - can anybody confirm this?

I suggest contacting 'Modelspares' at http://www.modelspares.com/ as they are far more helpful than Hornby are for older spares.

Regards
David Y

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Dinwiddy @ 20 Apr 2008, 22:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi - I suspect that the CKD kits had a screw fitting instead of the then factory produced items which had a rivet. I think the clip in bogies only came with the later Triang-Hornby versions - can anybody confirm this?

I suggest contacting 'Modelspares' at http://www.modelspares.com/ as they are far more helpful than Hornby are for older spares.

Regards
David Y

ahh, cheers for that. I'll get in touch and see if they can help

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Bogie frame assemblies were part no. X398 - the wheel sets are separate.
Fixing screw was S1092
Nut for above was S2178

Above information obtained from CKD Coach Assembly Instructions reproduced in Pat Hammond's "Triang Railways - the Story of Rovex Vol 1 1950-1965"
Regards,
John Webb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts