Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Hi

Yes another new product from DCC Concepts 21 to 8 pin Adapter. Ahhhhh what can I say the adapt and do their job, oh and their colour is mainly blue.

Cost $29.95 for a pack of 5

Martin

·
Registered
407 Posts
please excuse this really stupid question - im sure there s a sensible answer to it - why does someone need to fit this to a loco with a 21 pin socket? ... why not fit a decoder with 21pins on it into the socket? ... i know im missing something here - probably a brain but id really like to know!.

who fits 21 pin sockets, iv only ever seen 6 and 8 pin sockets. is it for extra functionality having so many connections?

thanks and sorry for the stupid question - im still learning about all this - its kinda moved on a bit from the 3 wires of zero-1!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Already produced by Bachmann : 36-559 E-Z Command 8 Pin To 21 Pin Adaptor £3.45

Not that stupid if you have a stack of 8 pin decoders and a 21 pin socketed loco.

·
Registered
526 Posts
This is probably Richard's answer to uncertainty of supply of the Bachmann product. At first launch of the 21 pin socketed locos there was no adaptor available. Is it any better now over here?

·
Registered
407 Posts
QUOTE (butler-henderson @ 1 Mar 2009, 19:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Already produced by Bachmann : 36-559 E-Z Command 8 Pin To 21 Pin Adaptor £3.45

Not that stupid if you have a stack of 8 pin decoders and a 21 pin socketed loco.

ask a stupid question and get ....

iv never seen or heard of 21 pin decoders n sockets - i was asking coz i was curious - but thanks for the helpful answer. ... for my future questions on subjects that i dont know much about but am keen to learn, - please butler - let the helpful folks who ususally help me out do that and dont go to any bother of replying to me - id appreciate that. thanks

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
The Bachmann conversion sockets aren't that easy to find in the stores, even on line, so having a reliable alternative source can only be a good thing. As to why you need them, I haven't yet seen a 21 pin Loksound decoder but I have got 21 pin locos into which I would like to put sound.

I suppose we'll be getting 22 to 8 pin adaptors soon .....
though I'm not aware of any UK outline locos shipping with these just yet.

David

·
Registered
257 Posts
DCC Concepts 21 to 8 pin adapters have actually been available for some time here in the UK - they are available in the 5-packs illustrated but also as singles.

Regards

John R
Bromsgrove Models

1 - 8 of 8 Posts