Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I picked up the new hand held Profi-Boss from my loco dealer today. Sadly I didn't order the required transformer so will need to wait for that. Its a shame Fleischmann didn't mention that the Profi Boss didn't come with all the required parts.

It seems very nicely made although there is a rattling sound when you shake the handset. It cost £115, however the transformer is another £57!. If I'd known this before hand I would have bought a start set which can be had for £240 which also includes loco,wagons,track etc!.

I'll upload some photos tomorrow.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (zmil @ 25 Oct 2008, 23:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Simon

Maybe your friendly retailer would let you Exchange it for a Start Set

Regards Zmil

Hi, they actually ordered it at my request from Fleischmann so I can't really dump it back on them. I'm not 100% sure if the transformer in the start set is a lower power/spec.

I also forgot to mention, it only came with a manual in German, although the English version can now be downloaded here

http://www.fleischmann.co.uk/PROFI_BOSS_GB.pdf

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Had a quick play with a Profiboss at Folkstone recently & was fairly impressed.

The older FLM DCC start sets with the Twin-Centres had a smaller rated transformer supplied with them so this may very well be the case with the Profiboss.

Any suitably rated transformer will do the job - it does not have to be a FLM one.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
FM controllers have a pretty universal power feed - Hornby transformers will happily supply a Lok Boss so Brian's advice is good. You can get pretty neat multi voltage, multi plug transformers from Currys, PC World, etc.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys. I had a look in a local toy shop and Hornby do a transformer for £17 which is 16v but not sure of the VA. I think I'll just wait until the F unit arrives. Looking at the spec, the F unit is 16.5v.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts