Model Railway Forum banner
281 - 300 of 861 Posts

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
QUOTE (reddo @ 13 Feb 2013, 16:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are you sure we havent been living parallel lives...next you'll be telling me you lived in Australia from 1988-2001

Well you know how joe on friends said we have a hand twin I think you maybe my railway twin

·
Registered
518 Posts
hi anthony isa the same keep buying stuff i dont need her inside the door's was not impressed when i told her how much i spent at warley on top of overspending already and compared with your layout mine is only a big train set anyhow you did not answer my question re the backscene of the big warehouse do you know where it is ?looks kinda familliar but most new build's look the same and if it's in your neck of the wood's i havent been up that way for a couple of year's george

·
Why is&#39;nt it easy &#33;&#33;
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
QUOTE (george mcdonnell @ 13 Feb 2013, 18:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi anthony isa the same keep buying stuff i dont need her inside the door's was not impressed when i told her how much i spent at warley on top of overspending already and compared with your layout mine is only a big train set anyhow you did not answer my question re the backscene of the big warehouse do you know where it is ?looks kinda familliar but most new build's look the same and if it's in your neck of the wood's i havent been up that way for a couple of year's george

Ah sorry about that George I missed your question......

I have no idea were it is as its a std I.D. Backscens one

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·

·
Registered
518 Posts
hi again anthony
been looking through your video's again think ive seen most of them now but did not notice one giving us a 360 view would be nice to see the whole layout even though you still have more to do and youve hacked me off puting more stuff up for sale stop you'l get me in trouble ive locked up my credit card lol

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
Hi George,

I know I must do a layout video ill try and do one over the weekend

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
Not really a layout update as such but I took delivery of an ECoS 50200 today and these are very impressive bits of kit and very easy to use.

Thanks Mr Todd .......

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
QUOTE but I can never see me splashing out that much ££££'s!

He didn't, that is the sad part S.J............

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 ·
QUOTE (f1renz @ 8 Apr 2013, 09:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Where did you get the back scene from for the far side of the container yard? it looks great

many thanks

Rich.

Hi Rich,

I got my back scenes from here :-

http://www.art-printers.com/backscenes%2015%20inch%20p1.htm

If you have a photo that you would like to use to create your own then give them a call as they will make one for you.

·
C55
2,653 Posts
Hi Anthony,

Those backscenes are really smart stuff ....
but they should come with a bit of a warning not to use any glue that makes them significantly wet .... mine soaked it up and swelled unevenly .... then they can't be stuck to the Backboard, without creases ...
I even used the recommended ready made wallpaper Paste .......

I think Richard mentioned sealing the Backboard and using the Spray Mount or similar ... I tried that and it seems to work just fine ... as expected

J

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
QUOTE dt's & LF&T's visit

You certainly have been lacking in posts on
your thread A.

Come on, we will let you join in again,it is nearly May,

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
Well its been some time since I have had the time to get anything done on my layout ... ( dt keeps calling me on Skype so I get nothing at all done ... ) so I have now managed to complete fitting the carpet and sorting out access to everything and last weekend managed a few hours...

I have managed to add a Heljan Container Crane to my rail depot I am making the crane running lines out of peco code 75 track I need to cut the sections in half and stick them down but have managed to test it. the crane was second hand and needed repairing and so far so good its almost working 100%.

the second area I did some work on was the country section of track I have cleared away everything that is now NOT going on this section and started working on the hill/tunnel section im using insulation board for this as its very easy to shape and its what I used on my two tunnels test section and it turned out ok ( IMO lol )

I also tested some platform painting and it looks like im going with Halfords Primer as my base colour and then I will add peco platform edging and some detail to the platforms.

Sorry about the photos but im using my mobile phone and my hands are not as steady as they used to be lol Lets hope this is the start of being able to get back into this ...

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Is that statue,in pic. 5.........Going to represent "The Angel of the North"..........

Calling me on Skype..seems to have got your container thingy working though.....................

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
QUOTE (David Todd @ 10 Jun 2013, 17:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is that statue,in pic. 5.........Going to represent "The Angel of the North"..........

Calling me on Skype..seems to have got your container thingy working though.....................

281 - 300 of 861 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.