Model Railway Forum banner
321 - 340 of 861 Posts

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,154 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome David.... I do appreciate your feedback and Norman Wisdom plus your wealth of experience on the rail ways. as there are many time zones between our location and my location up here in the North we are just in the tail end of the 70's so I am trying to keep the train set in the right era but any direction you can provide in this area ( as this was more your time zone than mine ) would truly be dispensed with in the usual manner

Kind Regards

·
Premium Member
6,313 Posts
QUOTE here in the North we are just in the tail end of the 70's so I am trying to keep the train set in the right direction

Have you tried setting the controller,to the forward position.............

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
QUOTE (silky_jack @ 8 Jul 2013, 16:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Gotta love those flashing red lights! Where'd you source them?

Hi Jack, I got them from RML Electronics about a year ago lol ( and did nothing with them ) but I think he is ill at the moment so he is not taking any orders.

http://www.rmlectronics.co.uk/index.htm

·
Premium Member
6,313 Posts
Oh, naughty, you could have given Jack,another,source.like one off the list you were looking @ @ 1pm.......this afternoon..........

·
Why is&#39;nt it easy &#33;&#33;
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
QUOTE (David Todd @ 8 Jul 2013, 17:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh, naughty, you could have given Jack,another,source.like one off the list you were looking @ @ 1pm.......this afternoon..........

They are not the same ........

But ......

as Mr Todd didn't feel like sharing the list either ....

Express Models have one that's almost the same but not ...

http://www.expressmodels.co.uk/acatalog/4m...ail_Lights.html

·
Premium Member
6,313 Posts

·
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
I have recorded a small layout tour of my 11 Coach Hornby Pendolinio on the outer line of my layout, not a lot to see really as I have a very long way to go.

·
Longfunnelled&amp;tiresome
2,056 Posts
Enjoyed your Pendelino video - a decently long train compared to my grandson's very short Hornby HST (and watched in very different weather to the night of the A19 blizzard when dt and I called down on you!).
What struck me, watching the Pendelino, is that it looks very much more genuinely Italian on your layout than it does on the WCML blasting past heritage infrastructure like signal boxes and original footbridges all cleared away in the UK, but which happily still exist on the old stretches of Italian mainline. The glimpse of your art deco box reminded me of occasional grandiose art deco signal boxes, standing empty by major rail centres - forlorn left-overs of the Fascist Epoch II era.

LF&T

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Just been looking through your thread Anthony and am well impressed with the progress you have made in a relatively short time. I'm also very envious of the space you have.

One thing that did catch my eye though was your lift up flap. It looks as though the hinges are actually fixed below the top of the rails which, unless I'm mistaken, could cause one set of rails to clamp down onto the adjacent section when you lift up the flap. I don't know if this has been a problem but it can be easily fixed by mounting the hinges onto blocks which raise them above top of rail level.

This is how I've done it on my layout.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Hi Anthony,

That looked like some seriously fast running around the layout, & as always so smoothly. It certainly does showcase the shear size of your layout. I thought there was actually lots to see, it also put a lot of your previous posts in to context as to where they "live" on the overall layout. Very impressive indeed.

Do you have any long term plans for catenary given the types of trains / era of the layout you seem to be basing it on ? That will be a mamouth task in itself !

Anyway, all the best for the next progress stages, & please keep the posts / updates coming.

Cheers,

Norm

·
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
Hi Norm, reddo,

Yes is the answer to that question ... The to outer main lines will have it and I'll feed it across the 4 point section to feed most of the main platforms in the station.

I will be useing the same method as I did on two tunnels.

·
2,154 Posts
QUOTE (Chinahand @ 9 Jul 2013, 09:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just been looking through your thread Anthony and am well impressed with the progress you have made in a relatively short time. I'm also very envious of the space you have.

One thing that did catch my eye though was your lift up flap. It looks as though the hinges are actually fixed below the top of the rails which, unless I'm mistaken, could cause one set of rails to clamp down onto the adjacent section when you lift up the flap. I don't know if this has been a problem but it can be easily fixed by mounting the hinges onto blocks which raise them above top of rail level.

This is how I've done it on my layout.

Hi Trevor,

That is a very good point but My hinges for the lift up section are raised above the hught of the rail head so they don't catch each other

Thanks for the feedback it all helps as this is my first large layout

·
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
QUOTE (silky_jack @ 9 Jul 2013, 11:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Really great video Anthony....lovely to see a traijn that length...not something easily achieved on most layouts. Very jealous of the space you have for those long runs!

Nice one.
Ian

Thanks Ian .... Pop round for a go when ever you like

·
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #339 ·
QUOTE (Julian2011 @ 9 Jul 2013, 10:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lovely video Anthony,

Particularly liked the train as it came out of the Tunnel and the clattering over the points/rail joints ...........

J

Thanks Julian ...

·
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #340 ·
QUOTE (Long funnel & tiresome @ 9 Jul 2013, 08:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Enjoyed your Pendelino video - a decently long train compared to my grandson's very short Hornby HST (and watched in very different weather to the night of the A19 blizzard when dt and I called down on you!).
What struck me, watching the Pendelino, is that it looks very much more genuinely Italian on your layout than it does on the WCML blasting past heritage infrastructure like signal boxes and original footbridges all cleared away in the UK, but which happily still exist on the old stretches of Italian mainline. The glimpse of your art deco box reminded me of occasional grandiose art deco signal boxes, standing empty by major rail centres - forlorn left-overs of the Fascist Epoch II era.

LF&T

You must be due a visit in the sunshine ???

321 - 340 of 861 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.