Model Railway Forum banner
361 - 380 of 861 Posts

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 ·
Not a lot of progress to report but I have completed lining the walls of one of my tunnel sections and started to bold the entrance supports, I have also started to put down a base mud colour ready for static grass I will put some line detail down this week as well as some ballast.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi Anthony, I'm enjoying following your thread the track flows well also the curves are large enough to enable smooth running, well planned. The flashing truck lights take the trick too well done you have progressed the layout really well.

Graham

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
Thanks guys ... a few more images from tonight's efforts

A set of relay boxes

Dummy point motors mounted on concrete ( plastic card )

Cable trunking....

I am hoping to get some ballast down in this area this week and then start on the green stuff

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys....

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
QUOTE I've often wondered whether those hills are actually Beattock.

Nah....Cleaveland Hills, back of Teesport, man...........without the cut out 'orse...........

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #370 ·
Slowly Slowly .....

Not a huge amount has happened since my last update but I am doing some bits

This is the service area for the freightliner container yard it is slowly taking shape as are the hills next to it.

Those hills are almost complete.

I think im going to use these buffers rather than the large ones ... so ill be adding some colour to these.

I am adding some wall cable hooks to hang cabling onto as I used to see this all the time...

so much to do .... this is going to take years to complete at this pace

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
That's coming along nicely Anthony with some nice steady progress.

Railway modelling is a hobby for life and I know very few modellers who claim to have actually 'finished' their layout. Personally, although I do enjoy watching the trains go by, the real enjoyment of the hobby comes mainly from the actual design and construction. I see no point in rushing things and ending up with a less than satisfactory layout which has constant running problems so slow but steady is the name of the game.

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Your best work is when you take your time, see more,.......but can be frustrating @ times.

You know how to catch the monkey, just down the road...........

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Hi Anthony,

Just stumbled on your layout thread mate. Very impressed I am. I like your photo backscene it seems to blend in very well with your layout and scenics. Excellent

Kind regards

Paul

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
QUOTE Not a lot of progress to report

A long week end coming up, a chance to progress..................

·
Registered
157 Posts
Looking really well now Anthony, especially the tunnel and embankment, plenty of scope for scenic work, hopefully get a bit of scenic done on mine today,maybe put the twin track tunnel mouths in position, and make the covering tube, or box, not too sure whether I will put industry or urban scene on top yet.

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #378 ·
Thanks for the comments guys ......

I am hoping to get a bit more done this weekend so more photos may follow

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #380 ·
I'll have a look for that tomorrow reddo.....

361 - 380 of 861 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.