Model Railway Forum banner
721 - 740 of 861 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
YES, there are absolutely lovely Anthony. Loving your DRS coaches by the way (I have PM'd you about them mate)

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #722 ·
QUOTE (madon37s @ 6 Mar 2017, 19:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>YES, there are absolutely lovely Anthony. Loving your DRS coaches by the way (I have PM'd you about them mate)

Hold on to your hat paul i have replied

·
Why is&#39;nt it easy &#33;&#33;
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #724 ·
QUOTE (Allegheny1600 @ 7 Mar 2017, 10:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Anthony,
More lovely progress mate and your 68's are gorgeous! As is your fence, what patience!
Well done.
John.

Thanks John, I still have a lot of the fencing to complete

·
Tea Boy
352 Posts
Hi Anthony,
Long time no speak.....I hope all is well?

I haven't been on here for over 3 years so have just spent the last hour or so catching up on the progress of your layout. Its looking really good and has progressed loads.
You have also added some very nice shinny rolling stock.......loving the look of the DRS 68's and Colas 60's.....am not jealous at all.

Cheers Ste

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #726 ·
QUOTE (ste @ 7 Mar 2017, 21:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Anthony,
Long time no speak.....I hope all is well?

I haven't been on here for over 3 years so have just spent the last hour or so catching up on the progress of your layout. Its looking really good and has progressed loads.
You have also added some very nice shinny rolling stock.......loving the look of the DRS 68's and Colas 60's.....am not jealous at all.

Cheers Ste

Hi Ste,

How are you ? ..... thanks for dropping by i only got back to the layout a few months ago as i lost my mojo and work just kept getting in the way ...

How isyour layout coming on ?

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #727 ·
Apparently my 50113 ESU Mobile Control II Remote Control for my ECoS 50200 has arrived today so some tech to play with at the weekend .... now I must re connect the ECoS to my layout....

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #728 ·
I just wanted to give a bit of feedback on Chips for the DCC Ready 68 loco's I have tried a few chips in my 68 and they all worked the loco fine however only one chip worked all the functions out of the box without any remapping and that was the :

ESU LokPilot V4.1 54615

this has the Halo lights set to F5 so if anyone out there is just looking for plug and play I can confirm this chip works in that way.

I did also try the Zimo MX634D this needs remapping to control the Halo lights.

There maybe other 6 function chips that work but I only had the Zimo and the ESU 6 function chips to hand I did also try Bachmann, Hornby, Gaugemaster & DCC Concepts 4 function decoders, these all operated the loco and directional lighting without any issues but not the Halo lighting.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Hi Anthony,

Many thanks for taking the time to do this and report on it and put your findings on your thread

Can I ask though please what is involved with "re mapping" as I don't know what that is to be honest mate?

I have ordered a TCS EU621-KA 21-pin decoder which is a 6 function one so hopefully that will work straight away when it does eventually turn up!

I have a Hattons 21 pin direct plug in decoder that I might try and see what that does!

Many thanks again for your help Anthony it is very much appreciated by me that's for sure.

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #731 ·
QUOTE (steve-scfc @ 11 Mar 2017, 13:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>great work Anthony where did you get the 68 from they seem to be selling out everywhere

Hi Steve,

I had mine on pre order the DCC fitted versions are due out on the 13th so try Rails and Hatton's on the release day by phone as some people may have cancelled.

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #732 ·
QUOTE (madon37s @ 10 Mar 2017, 19:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Anthony,

Many thanks for taking the time to do this and report on it and put your findings on your thread

Can I ask though please what is involved with "re mapping" as I don't know what that is to be honest mate?

I have ordered a TCS EU621-KA 21-pin decoder which is a 6 function one so hopefully that will work straight away when it does eventually turn up!

I have a Hattons 21 pin direct plug in decoder that I might try and see what that does!

Many thanks again for your help Anthony it is very much appreciated by me that's for sure.

Hi Paul,

The remapping may be different for your chip ( If you need to do it at all ) so once you have the chip try it and see but the mapping change to the Zimo MX634D is programming of CV8 to 3 this results in 'Logic Level' outputs on Aux 3 and 4.

The only info I have seen about the TCS you listed seems to suggest that it will need to have a CV change to get it to operate the Halo lights but I have messaged someone who has this chip fitted to a 68 to find out what changes they had to make, I will report back as soon as I get a response Paul.

·
2,155 Posts
Not much to show tonight as i have spent the weekend clearing up the layout so that i can actually run a loco around and its just about clear ...

I did add a bit more detail to the container yard backscene.

I also spent a bit of time updating my ECoS to the latest FW version and i removed the ECoS wifi board as i am going to be using the new Android controller.

If anyone is interested in adding wifi to the ECoS ( this works with both versions .... monochrome and colour version ) then drop me a PM as i would like to sell this kit, it comes with everything you need.

·
2,155 Posts
So while i was clearing up and trying to find a home for everything that i had piled up on my layout i came across this early attempt at modeling the mesurement mk3 coach that has a pantograph. ..

Not that good really as it was all i had at the time ..... so whilst clearing up i found a few of these .

And whilst this is not what is on the real thing i do think it would look better than what i have so out came the knife. .

Then a quick bit of roof prep on the mk3 coach

I then painted the area with some matt black pint and glued the Pendolino pantograph unit in place ..

I think that looks a lot better than what i did have ( even if not correct )

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #735 ·

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Looks good to me Anthony

I had 3 coaches converted for me to make up the full 5 car length train and yours looks pretty cock on to be honest mate.

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #737 ·
QUOTE (madon37s @ 13 Mar 2017, 15:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks good to me Anthony

I had 3 coaches converted for me to make up the full 5 car length train and yours looks pretty cock on to be honest mate.

thanks Paul, I have the other 4 coaches Hornby produced so this completes my 5 coach setup.

·
2,155 Posts
I managed to setup my cleaning loco running round the layout tonight for the firsf time in almost two years ... i also spent some time putting decoders into my NMT 125. It didn't go as smooth as it should as the decoders would not program in the loco so i had to program them on my ESU chip tester then install them in the locos..

I think the 5 coach NMT is a nice looking set.

I will continue to clean the track at the weekend and conduct more test running

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #740 ·
QUOTE (reddo @ 17 Mar 2017, 06:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It is - all coming together nicely. I have some DCC sound chips to fit into 2x HST sets...eventually.

Hi Paul,

I am hoping to complete the road section and wall this weekend so i can start to work on the track area as once i havd this ballested its time for the spray gun to come out to weather the track on these two sections ....

721 - 740 of 861 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.