Model Railway Forum banner
81 - 100 of 861 Posts

·
C55
2,613 Posts
DT.
Coincidence indeed, the October MR is sitting on my sofa waiting to be opened. I shall go and seek the article once the aforesaid little one has had enough of the latest story.

Assam, first class, is present all day and hope to get at least one to you sometime.

Retired a short while ago, from the RAF earlier and later from in front of classes who sit amazed that any human being can put up with daily antics which would make a tribe [ ? ] of Chimps look lazy. Not sure it was worth the pension. Being away from it makes you very aware of the word grateful.

Julian

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Not a lot of activity to report this week as its all been slow going, I am still working on getting the 4 main lines in as I want to start test running loco's
I have completed the main lines that run past the TMD area aswel as access to the TMD

I have also been working on the fueiling area and im going to put loco/dmu storage lines in and i will put them into a concrete base, I need a few sections of track to complete this so this wont get done until the weekend.

Once this section is complete I will be working on the station section to get the lines down.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Those flowing curves look just right. Coming along nicely.

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys....

I am trying to keep all the open track sweeping and the hidden track no tighter than a 3rd radius curve on the inside line so that the outer lines have shallower curves.

I'm away for the rest of this week so no more work on the layout this week but I am now ready to start on the 11ft station section this area has a 3ft section at each end for the lead in and lead out lines.

I'm hoping to fit 4 11ft platforms that can take 8 full length 125's and 11 car Pendolinio's and at least 2 short platform's for single and 2 car DMU/EMU platforms fingers crossed

I'll post photos as I go along.

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Morning.......... A.

Oh.!,So it was............
......Think you are just teasing everyone........

·
Registered
2,182 Posts

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Hi dt, Ray thanks for looking
I'm planning on spending all weekend in the garage so should have more updates on Sunday with any luck ......

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Thanks ray I can't remember who it was but someone on the forums told me to use a track setter when laying track with points to make sure the lead in and out sections are lined up right and I'm sure that's why they seem to work well

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
Guy,

I have only just started to use them as I was unsure for a while but I have to say I'm glad I finaly did it, I'm only just putting them on the wagon rakes and not each wagon at the moment.

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
QUOTE (TheBufoon @ 5 Oct 2012, 20:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice smooth running, love the DBS 67, I want one!

Cheers, Chris.

Hi Chris, the new Hornby 67's are very nice they have a really nice weight to them and they run very very smooth, I also have the new EWS version too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
QUOTE (Anthony566 @ 5 Oct 2012, 18:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks ray I can't remember who it was but someone on the forums told me to use a track setter when laying track with points to make sure the lead in and out sections are lined up right and I'm sure that's why they seem to work well

As my N gauge layout is on 9mm ply, I've found small offcuts wedged between the rails can be used to facilitate this.

81 - 100 of 861 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.