Model Railway Forum banner
101 - 120 of 861 Posts

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
I have made some changes to the track in my TMD area I needed to simplify the area and provide a bit more ground space for a road access area on the left, I do find double slips very handy for condensing point work.

This also allowed me to complete the refuelling area.

Still a lot of work to do in this area but this does allow me to start testing the track work before I move into the detailing activity.

·
Apprentice engineer
232 Posts
Nice Layout.I do have a question though.With normal tension lock couplings they can sometimes accidently uncouple.Does this happen with kadees?

·
Diesel Drinker
1,538 Posts
QUOTE (Anthony566 @ 5 Oct 2012, 20:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Chris, the new Hornby 67's are very nice they have a really nice weight to them and they run very very smooth, I also have the new EWS version too.

I'll have to start saving up then
!

Your layout is coming along very nicely

Cheers, Chris.

·
Why is&#39;nt it easy &#33;&#33;
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
QUOTE (David Todd @ 7 Oct 2012, 18:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice work A,
Did you buy new slips.....?

Hi dt, hope the weekend show went well ?

I did have to pick up 2 more code 100 ones im hoping to complete the 4 mail lines this week

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
QUOTE (traingeek @ 7 Oct 2012, 18:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice Layout.I do have a question though.With normal tension lock couplings they can sometimes accidently uncouple.Does this happen with kadees?

Hi traingeek, I have been useing Kadees on a small amount of my stock for a while but I have only just fitted magnets to my new layout to auto couple and uncouple todate ive not had any issues with the Kaydees uncoupleing but I dont remember having issues with the normal tension hooks ?? are you sure they are not hitting anything on the track ?

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
QUOTE (TheBufoon @ 7 Oct 2012, 19:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'll have to start saving up then
!

Your layout is coming along very nicely

Cheers, Chris.

Thanks Chris..... The 67's are very very nice im very pleased with them as they are not cheap !!!!

·
Tea Boy
352 Posts
Anthony566 your layout is looking fantastic and really inspires me to get my loft layout built.

I also enjoyed your latest video. It looks like the new Hornby Class 67 is a very smooth and powerful model, especially with how many IPA wagons it was pulling.

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
QUOTE (ste @ 7 Oct 2012, 20:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anthony566 your layout is looking fantastic and really inspires me to get my loft layout built.

I also enjoyed your latest video. It looks like the new Hornby Class 67 is a very smooth and powerful model, especially with how many IPA wagons it was pulling.

Thanks Ste
the 67's are fantastic .....

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 7 Oct 2012, 21:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice progress - can I ask about the Fire Engines please ?

Hi Brian, they are Oxford die cast ones "Cleveland Fire Brigade" and they are there as there was a small oil spillage

·
2,155 Posts
Hi, I managed to spend quite a few hours in the garage this weekend finishing off bits and pieces !!

I had to move a light switch up so I could fit the back boards in the Oils Depot area but the main problem was as soon as I had completed the second inner line I spent way to much time playing train's!!

So what did I get done well&#8230;.

I added the lower wall support section to the Container area

I did complete the back board in the Oil Depot area

Added a few more points to the North end of the station area for the two outer lines

Added a few more points to the South end of the station area for the two inner lines

Completed the second inner line on the south end of the station area (hence the playing trains!!!)

·
garage hobbit&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,715 Posts
From one garage dweller to another, I like what you are doing, long sweeping curves, plenty of running to be had, I wish my garage was as big as yours

Many thanks for the update

·
Premium Member
3,462 Posts
From yet another garage dweller can I ask what you have done to seal the door for the winter,do you still use it.
Dave

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Thanks for the feedback from my fellow garage dwellers.......

Dave im not useing the garage door anymore so I have sealed it with expanding foam and fixed 3" insulating foam to the garage door.

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
QUOTE (silky_jack @ 8 Oct 2012, 15:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Anthony,

Great layout you have in development there. Can I ask though what material you used to edge the incline you are building? It looks too thick to be card but as it bends nicely along the length I would like to use it on my railway too!

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian, it's just mdf ( or hard board ) I think it's 3 mm. The area where I have it is a supporting wall for a raised road section.

101 - 120 of 861 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.