Model Railway Forum banner
161 - 180 of 861 Posts

·
Why is'nt it easy !!
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
QUOTE (poindexter @ 21 Oct 2012, 07:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Anthony

Any chance you could do a video of a full loop next time your filming? No probs if not

Cheers
Guy

Hi Guy,

I will do one as soon as I have completed my track work ...... not much more to do now so should be able to do one in the next few weeks.

Anthony

·
Why is&#39;nt it easy &#33;&#33;
2,155 Posts
Nothing really to post about this week sorry ..... I have been connecting dcc bus droppers and adding detailing to a few loco's.

I have started to look at signals and I'm starting to like the look of the Traintronics ones ....

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Hi Anthony,

Have just had a very enjoyable read / look through of your full thread, really great layout you are building there, & has already been said many times before, but no harm in saying it again, those long sweeping curves look great. Your track laying skills are also more than worth a mention, even with the "lots going on behind the scenes" foot note LOL !

Great layout, have not as yet looked at the videos, thats a pleasure for next time. Will look forward to watching things progress - top job, well done.

Cheers,

Norm

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Hi Norm, thanks for the feedback ...... Not getting to spend any time in the garage ATM as work keeps getting in the way :-( I still have a bit of track work to complete so I'm hoping to get that done this weekend and then it's down to starting on the scenery in the container yard as that's where I'm starting from .....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Don't you just hate that life and work getting in the way of your modelling. Happens to me all the time. Plan to get some modelling jobs done then the wife plans something or work gets busy grrrrr.

Keep up the good work looking good can't wait to see the layout scenics develop

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
QUOTE (amsie @ 26 Oct 2012, 07:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't you just hate that life and work getting in the way of your modelling. Happens to me all the time. Plan to get some modelling jobs done then the wife plans something or work gets busy grrrrr.

Keep up the good work looking good can't wait to see the layout scenics develop

Thanks amsie,

I'm really hoping to get the track completed by Sunday.....

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Hmm...! not a lot done here, must be on hols again, will look in again at the start of 1213...........

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·

Im working on completing my track work this weekend so will post some images once im done dt

I have been adding some detailing to some of my loco's :)

Ans I have started on the detailing work in the container yard... I have started to add wills brick plastic sheeting to the wall ill be adding support sections to this next :-

more to follow .........

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Hi Anthony,

Like the look of those loco's, all appear like they have seen some action - great job.

Looks like you are another with a lot of retaining wall work / detailing infront of you; seems to be the in thing with a lot of members on here at the moment - perhaps sponsership by the mile should be thought about, or at least by the No of sore fingers LOL ! But well worth it in the end eh. As stated in another thread "Little & Often" (by dwb I seem to think) - How True !

Keep up the good work (* Dont know where DT was looking eh or must have been from the bottom of those Cliffs LOL !).

Cheers,

Norm

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Thanks Norm,

I have been testing my 2 outer lines today and connecting more Dcc dropper ( way to boring ) ......

·
2,155 Posts
Thanks Ste... I have to say that adding the detailing parts is not as easy as it should be or my fingers are getting bigger and bigger as I get older lol.

I have loaded a small movie of my testing of the 2 outer lines with my Testing Pendolieno and a Hornby FGW Class 43..

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
Thanks Mike ...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Evening Anthony,

Managed to take a look at a couple of the test train videos - the smooth running & "train lengths" look fantastic - well done. Dont envey the platform builds to receive those tho' LOL !

Keep up the good work, Cheers,

Norm

·
2,155 Posts
Thanks Norm...

I have most of my platforms cut to size, I'm useing 18mm mdf and the smalst one is 11 ft with a few at almost 14ft for the 390's i will be adding peco platform edging to the platforms ......

my main problem is I only have one pair of hands

161 - 180 of 861 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.