Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has any other model manufacturer shown some willingness to finally put a decent 00 gauge HST on the shelves? Bachmann would be the preferred choice. A new range of BR Mk3 coaching stock - both loco-hauled and HST versions would nicely compliment their excellent existing Mk1 and Mk2 range.
Or what is stopping Heljan? They could have a go.
Imagine if Fleischmann or Roco had a go in 00 gauge, now that would be a top model!!
Had Lima flush-glazed their coaches, fitted correct colour seating and not fitted buffers they would have been much better.
Hornby can stick with their poor ancient toy effort. I am just not interested. After 30 years its about time a proper model was made with correctly detailed coaches with the right colour seats. The Power Cars need to have the cab shape done correctly to capture the look and directional lighting fitted.
What other features would people like to see on a new HST model?
And what manufacturer should make it?
Isn't it about time Hornby's HST model was sold as a junior starter (as with their ancient and crude class 37 and 47 toys) or just dumped into room 101?
Would like to hear other views on this subject. After all the HST is a modern transport icon of our time and desrves something better than a old toy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Hornby are to replace their basic and aged HST Power cars this year with the better ex-Lima one. This may disappoint some people who were hoping for a super detailed version but anything is better than we have now.
Hopefully another manufacturer will finally do the HST justice and produce a complete rake of accurate coaches and appropriately detailed Power Cars.
In the meantime I am hoping that Hornby will see the benefits of releasing their forthcoming ex-Lima Power Cars in twin packs as Lima did.
By doing limited runs of each livery so far carried I am sure many modellers will want to replace their Hornby Power cars with these. Especially the ones Lima didn't manage before they went under, for example: the latest First Great Western and Midland Mainline liveries. And maybe even Cotswold Rail.
Personally I would look forward to the current FGW livery on the ex-Lima Power Car. But I imagine this either won't happen or will be a very long wait so I won't hold my breath.
I've heard of other modellers having their Lima Power Cars professionally resprayed in the current FGW livery. Does anybody know who does this and how much they charge? I Look forward to finding out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.