Model Railway Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts
As a new guy to the forum, I'm just trying to catch up on what's gone before. There might have been verbal fisticups in this thread but at least it demonstrates that there's some emotion in the modellers who contribute.

Just to add my two pennies worth : If I ever manage to find a perfect model, I will be very dissapointed. I like to make each one individual, never as bought on my layout. True, you need a brave heart to take a knife to a brand new loco, especially at today's prices but what the heck if it makes it better.

(Now for those blinking rivits around the Bachmann 47 - where's that new blade gone ?)

I shall not be buying a HST cos I dont model modern image, but of I did, I wouldn't be too bothered about about taking a knife to remove unnecessary buffers. This is almost like arguing that hornby etc should provide alternative couplings to tension lock with every model! Im of the opinion that if the RTR provided PERFECT models there would be no need for any modeling skills and we could all go out and build a lovely layout with off the shelf stuff. credit card modelling!
Jeez guys, get a life!
Steve

61 - 63 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.