Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from wollongong nsw australia: Name is Daveg age 59. just getting interested in Flying Scotsman model train project. Never built a train before. From what i have seen looks like an interesting challenge. Looking forward to hopefully seeing this model in Australia. Currently building the Bismark..
Best Wishes for the new year daveg.
Any other AUssies here?

·
Registered
574 Posts
QUOTE (poliss @ 9 Jan 2008, 20:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tut tut Al, the Bismarck was a full size battleship with 8 15in. guns.

Your right. At over 40,000 tons displacement, she and her sister ship were the full blown thing. The Graf Spee was the pocket battleship...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi Dave, welcome.
I live on the Gold Coast but was born in England and raised in New Zealand.
I have all bases covered!

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
G'day, Dave, I am an Aussie living in South Australia.

There is going to be a Britsh Modellers Convention in Woolongong/Illawarra in October this year.

You will find much info on this forum.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Neil, I don't think so but not really confirmed one way or the other. I have spent my Convention money for 2008 on a full blown NCE DCC system.
In 2009, there will be a 4 day NMRA Convention in Sydney that I will be going to - accommodation already arranged at a very good price!

Ron

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Sol @ 10 Jan 2008, 15:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neil, I don't think so but not really confirmed one way or the other. I have spent my Convention money for 2008 on a full blown NCE DCC system.
In 2009, there will be a 4 day NMRA Convention in Sydney that I will be going to - accommodation already arranged at a very good price!

Ron
Didn't fancy the steelworks then?

Guess I'll see you at Sydney then.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Dave and welcome,

As you've probably now noticed we do have a few Aussie types here, and long may it remain so!

Regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Neil: Thanks for the welcome. Funny thing is ,that i too was born in scotland (sterling 1948). Got the first issue of the flying scotsman from friend in the uk. wonder when it will arrive in Aussie? Will let you know when it does. Comments on first issue, have built titanic and hms victory and now working on bismark. this is the first part work that has a spare piece of brass to practise with, also , first one to have a dvd showing how to build first 5 issues, looks pretty good .
regards
daveg

·
Chief cook &amp; bottle washer
2,919 Posts
Hi from Brisbane Dave. I was born in London and came here in '74, and now am an Aussie.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts