Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My name's Rich and I'm from leamington.
I don;t have a layout yet but i'm hoping to get started on something this year. My vague idea is a representation of Leamington Spa station as it is now in N-scale.

I've got a young son who's mad-keen on trains, thanks to thomas the tank engine and what i'd liketo be abel to do is make somethng he'll enjoy as much as I enjoyed my grandfather's when I was you. i've got a few years yet, thankfully.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rich,

I feel sure you'll find something useful in here!

I feel sure I saw a Thomas N gauge layout at one of the shows last year - could be worth a thought....

REgards

John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Piotr Maciejewski @ 18 Jan 2007, 14:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hej. I'm also new... I found some usefull information and want to read this forum :)

I may be the first to say Hi to a pole (even if slightly in the wrong place!!) but welcome anyway

Regards

John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I'm taking will (my son) to the warwick and leamington show this weekend (on sunday). I just hope he keeps his cool. he's not qite 2 yet so can be overexcitable. he does behave himself in modelshops, though. and will quite happily sit and stare at a layout for ages if there's somethgin happening.

I've been toying with the idea of, onthe side, just picking up a hornby thomas set just for him, as some of the big sets are being discounted in a couple of places. I'd have to buld a table and mount it under perspex for now, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts