Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a new member, so leaving a message to say 'hello' - I'm a OO gauge modeller, with Hornby / Dapol / Bachmann RTR stock. I received a train set for Christmas & it's reignited my interest in all things railway big time ! I'm currently non digital, I enjoy doing scenic / kit building work.

I model BR 70s / blue diesel days thru to modern image, I especially like Class 58, 59 and Peak class, freight operations, HSTs etc. I have a reasonable lay out built 'under the stairs' in a former pantry / store room, it features a freight terminal, loading bay etc. with a raised area with trees and farmland. I've worked like fury on it since Jan 08 and it's starting to look the part.

I enjoy swap meets, fairs etc. and I'm keen to find out more about any nr Derby. I'm building up my fleet at the moment, particularly Railfreight stock & diesel power. I'm on the look out for some Hornby British Steel wagons at the mo and some MGR-type coal sector hopper wagons, so any offers appreciated.

When I finish my current layout I plan to build a larger / segmented layout which I can assemble / disassemble in the garage ( or garden ? ), as the mood takes me ( and weather permits ). My in laws are building a garden layout too, so I'm helping with this as time allows.

Anyway, hi to everyone, hope being part of your community brings me some good tips, plus helps me build up my layout & improve my modelling skills.

Ian

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Ian and welcome to MRF.

We are a pretty eclectic bunch here and will normally manage to answer any question you care to pose.

Enjoy your visits.

Regards

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Hi Ian & welcome to MRF.

There is no lack of knowledge here, so any questions then ask away.

Nice to hear of your activities - any chance of some photos please ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts