Model Railway Forum banner

New models in OO announced from Q4 2019

53K views 251 replies 24 participants last post by  kristopher1805 
QUOTE (Pennine MC @ 10 Oct 2019, 12:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh, how I wish there was more recognition of that simple truth...
(OFF TOPIC) There was one layout I once saw that had a Rivet Counter Detector van on it which gave me the idea when thinking of a name for a pub of The Hanging Rivet Counter.
(ON TOPIC) When were the last 4 / 6 wheeled coaches in regular service ? I'm assuming somewhere like the Easingwold or K&ESR.

QUOTE (Adrian Swain @ 17 Oct 2019, 17:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Folks With reference Hattons 4 & 6 wheel coaches I really cannot see why a range of fictional designs with a range of different liveries is actually a better idea
Presumably because of the market for a mass produced commercial venture - maybe it will lead to etched overlays from third parties like we use to have on a pretty wide scale. One thing that is quite noticeable over recent years has been the decline in the breath of detail/conversion parts/sets.

Bachmann seem to be making notable inroads into their backlog. Even if they were to be on top of everything they always announce what they intend to release in the next 18 months but the press and traders immediately make it out that the announcements will be available that year.

Its pretty certain that you cannot do a model of a 37/Deltic etc body shell 100% accurately and expect it to get round set track curves. The only previous attempt at a wholly accurate model was the FIA Trains LMS 10000/1 which as supplied had a minimum 5ft radius and with user modification could be got round 3ft radius curves.

Oxford have announced they are to make a J26 0-6-0 in LNER, BR early crest and BR late emblem liveries; a GER 10T covered van in GER,LNER and BR liveries; a Pilchard wagon (2 BR black versions), and a Cowans Sheldon 15T Crane (LMS Wellingborough, LNER Sunderland, BR Stewarts Lane, BR Stoke MPD versions).

QUOTE (34C @ 23 Jan 2020, 08:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They got it right on their production Deltic, class 55. Too tall as supplied.
So they did not get it right as they had to raise the ride height to provided the clearance. Is this the old adage of people accepting something is wrong without question but when an alternative approach is taken noticing it as if its the worse thing ever.

QUOTE (34C @ 26 Oct 2020, 20:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not greatly surprised, I recall some comment regarding the announcement that the proposed price was steep for the immobile jib. Extending, elevating and turning - and thus poseable - would have been more attractive.
The price would no doubt have been a lot higher for those features.

QUOTE (34C @ 14 Aug 2020, 14:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And catching up with 'other doings', Bachmann have a new marketing operation EFE Rail selling a selection of OO items tooled
elsewhere. For OO the RTR offerings are:
Motorised version of the EFE 1938 tube stock, four car set. (Eye watering asking price.)
Kernow origin JIA hoppers.
Heljan origin Hymek.
DJM origin J94.

An interesting and eclectic mix. The 'explanation' for the Heljan item's inclusion is that some retailers do not stock Heljan, and this
appears to be a probe to see if wider distribution would be advantageous: good choice of one of their best liked models for such a
test of the market.
They have now added the Heljan 58 along with the Dapol/DJM/Kernow Beattie Well Tank, DJM/Kernow Gate Stock and Heljan Cargowaggon.

Planet Industrials have announced their first OO RTR loco - a Kerr Stuart Victory 0-6-0T, a class 10 of which none survive which does to me seem a strange choice as the ability to offer a loco in possibly numerous liveries / names carried by preserved examples obviously does not apply.

There a clear market been identified for industrials by the existing offering by Hornby and Hattons. In addition there is a decreasing number of Big 4 / BR locos that have not been made which would sell in any number, and equally a number already made which seem to fill up bargain lists. I would expect Bachmann once they have cleared their backlog (2025?) will come up with an industrial or two,

[quote name='34C' date='12 Nov 2020, 13:45' post='648539']
And also: LNWR Precedent 2-4-0 or 'Jumbo', manufactured by Bachmann to a commission by Locomotion (NRM) and Rails of Sheffield. Photographs of what appear to be fully finished models accompany this announcement, so presumably not too long a wait for delivery.
[/quot
Those are livery samples - they are expected in around 6 months; at the same production stage currently are the V2, CR812 (for Rails) and 410. Somewhere on the sea are the 20/3, 45/0, MR 1P and 94xx while the toilet window modified 150/2 is in production. All according to the current Collectors Club magazine.

QUOTE (PAPPA.B @ 29 Nov 2020, 18:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi The King has arrived that is King Edward V and very nice it is to. I look forward to running these engines . I know this is not a new release i think the first models were released a couple of years ago and this latest probably a few months ago . It was bought from Hattons and looks very detailed. I am now trying to buy loco's that are Dcc fitted but this one is Dcc ready so i will have to get a de-coder any recommendations ?
Goes in the tender so plenty of space - I would myself use a Lenz Standard, typically to found for £18

Proof that the new Bachmann V2 is not that far away was the announcement today by Locomotion of NRM blinged up versions as Green Arrow in both LNER green and BR green while Rails have LNER green Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry and BR green Durham Light Infantry.

There are also standard releases from Bachmann due of the new V2 - 4791 LNER Green, 60845 BR Black (early emblem); both due July/Aug 2021 and 60847 St Peters School BR green (late crest) due Aug/Sept 2021. Oddly those are the same price as the Rails and Locomotion limited editions but of course many sellers will immediatley knock 15% off making them £195.46.

QUOTE (kristopher1805 @ 22 Jan 2021, 22:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I must be missing something with the Hornby range as in my review coming up is the section on the 9F and none of theose featured are actual photos or drawings so is a new version about to hit the retail market?
Yes - a new 9F was announced as part of the 2021 range - see the introductory text to the steam loco section on page 58 of the catalogue

QUOTE (dwb @ 1 Feb 2021, 17:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Accurascale have just announced a GWR Manor 4-6-0
https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/to-the...team-locomotive
There is one due from Dapol so a bit of unnecessary duplication. A Black Five would be a better choice in IMO as the Hornby 2002 tooling is getting a bit long in the tooth and not cutting it against more recent offerings. Then there is the K4 2-6-0 that seems to be constantly ignored.

QUOTE (kristopher1805 @ 5 Feb 2021, 18:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>K4 not interesting enough so maybe a V4 or perhaps a Riddles 8MT 2-8-2
Why would someone make a model of a class that never existed. A V4 might appear when / if 3403 is built but it would still mean there were half the number of K4s and with The Great Marquess preserved its a class many are familiar with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.