Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Hi Just received my Dapol 43xx DCC Fitted it looks good so far . But i had a long week and a busy day so decided to de-stress with a couple of beers so not really in the ideal frame of mind to take an in depth look at it. The engine is one of my favourites as it had many duties and was found all over the GWR . I have two Bachmann versions that were running really well but only one is now running ok the other is not . I have not investigated the reasons for this but i suspect it is the split chassis problem which has dogged this model type from the original Mainline models. I often look at some modellers on you tube and one Sams trains is for me quite interesting he has done of a review of one of these models . Far from being experienced enough to say how good this is i thought he did a good job. When i get some time i will put some pictures up of my engine . Jim

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the pony truck . As i have no layout at the moment i will not be able to check or run in . I do have my grandsons small trainset which is currently in the garage awaiting further work over Christmas i will get it set up and give this and the King Edward and the 61xx both Hornby a good look and run in
. his year has been quite nice for Loco's normally i might get one although the 43 has been on order for some time and was bought by me . Thanks .Jim

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Hi The King has arrived that is King Edward V and very nice it is to. I look forward to running these engines . I know this is not a new release i think the first models were released a couple of years ago and this latest probably a few months ago . It was bought from Hattons and looks very detailed. I am now trying to buy loco's that are Dcc fitted but this one is Dcc ready so i will have to get a de-coder any recommendations ?Well so far i think that Hornby have done a good job we will see when i get a chance to run it as to how it performs .Jim

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Hi Just received 2x Lenz standard +v2 from Wickness Models very prompt service . Now just need some track to run these new loco's on . Aside from that i have been looking at the virtual Warley with the various videos one being Peco with some interesting
new additions to their bullhead track hopefully by the time i get to building the new layout they will have the full range . Jim

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Hi. Father Christmas was kind to me this year, must have been good. I also received an Hornby King and 61xx, the 43xx was on pre-order. As yet i have not been able to run them but i must say they look quality. I do hope that they run as good as they look . My two other 43's are the Bachmann versions with split chassis one of which is doing the split chassis wobble. I was hoping Bachmann would have replaced the mechanism like they have with other models but i won't hold my breath . I was thinking of setting up a test track in the loft but it has been snowing here which is unusual and is cold up there and not very comfortable. Although i have not run them i have been busy painting some wagons i built before the holidays. I hope you have all had a good Christmas and under the circumstances a safe one. Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.