Model Railway Forum banner
221 - 225 of 225 Posts

·
In depth idiot
7,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
Throwing temptation in my path! Very likely I will succumb, good to know it is going ahead.

·
In depth idiot
7,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
Further on the Oxford Rail J27 which has now completed its acceptance test running; good as it was on DC, yet better on DCC with a Zimo MX638 decoder. No surprises there, but it is still very welcome to get such fine performance so easily, compared to what effort was required in the days of kitbuilding as the only way to obtain good scale models.

One minor 'finding'. OR have obligingly provided a scale distance coupling option on the loco to tender drawbar, which I have used for the benefit to appearance. This restricts the loco to curve radii greater than 30", and ideally 36" or greater, if the fall plate is resting on the tender step. Hinge the fallplate up a little and it will tackle smaller radii, but how far it will go I cannot at present determine.

·
In depth idiot
7,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
I have now filed a little clearance in the rear of the fall plate to clear the stanchion of the tender brake handle, which proved to be all that was required to allow free movement between loco and tender down to a 30" radius with the 'scale distance' setting provided for on the drawbar in use.

·
In depth idiot
7,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
Accurascale announce BR mk2b stock. Much excitement from the corporate dullness enthusiasts. (Just my bias, YMMV.)

·
Premium Member
6,007 Posts
I liked mark 2D stock, good ride, first class partitions and nicely raked seats, just too late for my railway early mark2 was in the maroon livery until 1966 onwards so maybe if I push it but really I need afew more Bachmann mark 1's as I am behind 34c in stock levels in that regard.

221 - 225 of 225 Posts