Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
is asleep
758 Posts
Hello all

I recently read on John Whitby's excellent Swiss Trains website (featuring some very good N scale modelling of Swiss outline) that NScaleCH, who some people may know from model exhibitions where they have offered for sale a wide range of out of production models, is intending to produce an SBB EW IV Bt driving trailer in several versions, in conjunction with Dapol!!

This sounds perfect for those modellers who have the excellent Roco EW IV coaches but haven't been able to use them as push-pull trains because a driving trailer doesn't exist*. The NScaleCH website is currently under reconstruction but the full details can be found on the Swiss Trains website here.

All enquiries should be made to NScaleCH at: enquiriesHATnscalech.co.uk where HAT is replaced by one these: @

To ensure that the cosmic balance is maintained I shall complement the above piece of very good news with some slight bad news below:

According to the Lemke website the IC2000 coaches are alas delayed further from April to... June!! Judging from the pictures on the website it's only the IC2000 driving trailer (not to confused with the EW IV driving trailer above) that is delaying things, and obviously we want Lemke/Hobbytrain/Kato to get this right. Besides, what's an extra two months to those who have been waiting four years since the first IC2000 announcement?!

(*There was a small Wabu series in brass, but they are rare and expensive, and I'm not sure how much they looked like the prototype...)

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE ..............This sounds perfect for those modellers who have the excellent Roco EW IV coaches but haven't been able to use them as push-pull trains because a driving trailer doesn't exist............

Ideally Hornby/Arnold now need to reissue their ex-SNCF D RIC/IC baggage car to complete an earlier style push/pull rake.

QUOTE ..........According to the Lemke website the IC2000 coaches are alas delayed further from April to... June!! Judging from the pictures on the website it's only the IC2000 driving trailer (not to confused with the EW IV driving trailer above) that is delaying things, and obviously we want Lemke/Hobbytrain/Kato to get this right...........

I wonder if Hobbytrain will include provision for a coupling on the front of the IC2000 driving trailer? This would enable the Dapol/NScaleCH driving trailer and a couple of Roco EWIV's to be added during busy periods

·
Registered
67 Posts
For all those interested in this pre-ordering is important!

The project will only go ahead if NScaleCH receives sufficient orders to break even. At the Swiss Railways Society AGM (where I was helping out on the NScaleCH stand) one potential customer said he wanted to wait to see if the quality was "going to be any good" before deciding. Assuring him that they will be accurate and good quality didn't make him pre-order. If that turns out to be typical of the potential audience then projects like this will inevitably end up still born.
However if this turns out to be a success then further possible models will be considered!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts