Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts

Just to let you know Peco have come out with the recently advertised PL11's. Perfect, even if the Peco points could do with an upgrade. These units work straight out of the box attached to Lenz LS150 Accessory no CDU required. The Lenz decoder is powered by a Lenz TR100 transformer. The units are fixed to the baseboard cork surface by thin track pins.

All other things being equal, I reckon these will replace my Peco PL10/W's and save me time soldering in the future.

Regards,

Hugh Williams

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Wow...A new product from Peco, just had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

I can see it having some use in storage areas, but will it really be acceptable in scenic areas for most people? Would have been a better idea to have the wires coming out the bottom too, I would have thought.

Rob

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
acorrding to whats on peco's site thay can be used for n gauge but its a bit vauge tbh

QUOTE New side-mounting turnout motor, designed specifically for Peco OO/HO Setrack and Streamline Code 100, but will also be suitable for use with Peco OO/HO Streamline Code 75 and '83 Line', and with the Setrack/Streamline N gauge ranges. Ideal for those awkward, out-of-the-way locations on your layout, or where creating a hole in the baseboard underneath the turnout is not possible.

http://www.peco-uk.com/Products/peconews.htm

·
Registered
55 Posts
ah so it says can be used with the set track n gauge range. i shall have to get hold of 1 and try it before splashing out, as my fiddle yard uses set track points and i need quite a few, the boards they are on are nearly 1" thick so these will solve my problem, i didn't fancy drilling holes and the surface mounted motors i could never stop them uncoupling from slide bar when activated

·
Registered
70 Posts
This may be a pretty dumb question but will these new points motors work ok with PL13 accesory switch. I am using Code 75 with live frogs and on the scenic part of the layout with peco motors fitted under the baseboard and have wired and fitted PL13 underneath. I do not really know how these switches work but wondered if they have to be in physical contact with the motor to work?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I wonder if these are actually the same units as the ones announced last year by Hornby? I mean it's a bit of a coincidence both companies announcing surface mounted point motors at the same time, and those Black, Green, and Red wires do scream Hornby to me!

Sorry, I don't know abou the PL13 Switch, but if it is the one that mounts to the PL10 point motor, then I would say the anser is no, you can't use them with the surface munt motor.

Ashley

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (ashleyh @ 18 Feb 2008, 09:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wonder if these are actually the same units as the ones announced last year by Hornby? I mean it's a bit of a coincidence both companies announcing surface mounted point motors at the same time, and those Black, Green, and Red wires do scream Hornby to me!
Ashley

I've just got back on my seat after falling off it !

Something new from Devon - whatever next - black cables with "trace" even ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
QUOTE (Hugh Williams @ 16 Feb 2008, 22:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to let you know Peco have come out with the recently advertised PL11's. Perfect, even if the Peco points could do with an upgrade. These units work straight out of the box attached to Lenz LS150 Accessory no CDU required. The Lenz decoder is powered by a Lenz TR100 transformer. The units are fixed to the baseboard cork surface by thin track pins.

All other things being equal, I reckon these will replace my Peco PL10/W's and save me time soldering in the future.
Regards,

Hugh WilliamsHi, My brother has just set up a new layout and is in the process of fitting and wiring 30+ turnout motors. Mounted below the base these "look" just great to me I am not sure he will like a copy of the picture as his are all cutout and fitted but not all wired yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very interested in these PECO motors as I'm just finishing a siple layout for my son and I'm having 'trouble' with the current Hornby point motor.

Does anyone know if this motor is OK on AC and fitted to a Hornby curved Point.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (brookletscottage @ 18 Feb 2008, 21:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know if this motor is OK on AC and fitted to a Hornby curved Point.

Solenoid type motors (i.e. Peco/Hornby) are fine on AC, although they sometime buzz a little when operating - provided the motor will fit mechanically it will be fine.

However, the Hornby motors should also be OK - what is the actual problem with them ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 18 Feb 2008, 21:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Solenoid type motors (i.e. Peco/Hornby) are fine on AC, although they sometime buzz a little when operating - provided the motor will fit mechanically it will be fine.

However, the Hornby motors should also be OK - what is the actual problem with them ?

I'm building my son's trainset in a large draw underneath his bed, therefore, I'm having to suface mount the points motor. This is causing problems, whilst Hornby supply an extension bar so you can locate the motor out of gauge, it seems to be impossible to get the positioning correct for reliable operation

Any idea's will be most welcome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
just tried one of these with hornby standard points. they seem to work ok and are pretty quick and easy to install. they dip the power on my hornby select though, i think i need a capacitor discharge unit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
hmmm i wonder if they will work with peco 009 points???

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Had to check the date to make sure it wasn't April 1st......still it looks better than the old one.

Regards

·
Registered
23 Posts
QUOTE (kiwitrains @ 19 Feb 2008, 01:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wonder if these will fit Hornby Express Points!!
I wondered if there is any reason why they would not fit Peco Code 75 points? Does anyone know the price of this surface unit?

Coachmann

1 - 20 of 48 Posts