Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
this must be one of the simplest and yet most important and exciting products for any gauge - exactly as someone else said - pick is critical for smooth operation esp as the size and weight & wheel/rail contact area gets smaller/lighter in the smaller gauges.

i have some questions:-

how do u get the spring onto the axle?

does the spring touch the inside of the wheel as well as being in contact with the axle to collect current?

do some axle/wheels need to be changed - ie- if the wheel rims are insulated from the axle or the axle is plastic?

are some wheel/axle sets made with a metal axle with metal thru to one wheel on one side only and then a plastic wheel with metal rim on other side of axle (to avoid a short circuit)?

sorry for the maybe obvious q's but im still learning about some of this stuff!.

i might have to buy some of these!

·
Registered
407 Posts
QUOTE (BobB @ 1 Mar 2009, 12:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can't tell from the pictures, but I wonder if it would be possible to put two on an axle , one for each wheel, with an insulating washer, on OO guage axles ?

brilliant idea, even for n gauge - as long as the axle is plastic and the spring just makes contact with the inside surfaces of the wheels!.

·
Registered
407 Posts
hi richard, can u tell me if minitrix axles (on their current ice3 model & accompanying extra carriages) have an axle that the wheel comes off easily and if their axle is live to one wheel? i cant tell and i dont wanna break a wheel off an axle trying to remove it! lol.

thx. how wud i order these from you? ... by telephone?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.