Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts

Hard on the heels of yesterday's Hornby new releases update comes another. This time it's preproduction photos of some forthcoming Maunsell brake 'C' vans. I have a liking for baggage / parcels vans and it looks like there are NEM pockets on this model, so it should be easy to convert to Kadees.

You can read the full story here on the Hornby website.

David

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 19 Sep 2007, 17:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hard on the heels of yesterday's Hornby new releases update comes another. This time it's preproduction photos of some forthcoming Maunsell brake 'C' vans. I have a liking for baggage / parcels vans and it looks like there are NEM pockets on this model, so it should be easy to convert to Kadees.

You can read the full story here on the Hornby website.

David

Thanks very much.

Stu

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
It appears that somebody in house at Hornby has found a brand new way of communicating info to Hornby customers without disrupting the website too much and maybe avoiding the need to use contractors to update the website keeping customer information flow costs down.

I haven't looked (can't find catalogue right now) but I don't remember seeing these parcels vans in the 2007 catalogue or any dicusion about them so are they a new unannouced product?

Are we all about to enjoy daily news updates from Hornby!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
174 Posts
At least their RSS feeds are working and picking up the updates. More than can be said for Baccy's which is why out of date.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Mentioned on page 88 of the 2007 catalogue - "available 3rd Quarter" and just as R4306 A/B BR Maunsell Passenger Brake 'Van C'. The catalogue has no pictures of any of the Maunsell coaches. They are also listed on the price list.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE Are we all about to enjoy daily news updates from Hornby!

I would doubt it, but I do like reading Bachmann's more or less weekly updates, it helps to pass the time between major releases
. The same would go for Hornby too.

David

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I rather like the idea that a rider is displayed advising there are known livery errors, I also assume that eventually there will be a BR blue variant.

Regards

·
Registered
13 Posts
QUOTE (darobi @ 19 Sep 2007, 21:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>At least their RSS feeds are working and picking up the updates. More than can be said for Baccy's which is why out of date.

I queried Bachmann about the fact that their RSS feeds didn't seem to work anymore and they replied that they'd stopped them as not enough people were using them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts