Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (adecoaches26point4 @ 30 Nov 2007, 16:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A strange place to find it advertised,DeutschePost shop.

Not really the Post shops in Germany sell a wide variety of non postal items. That aside assuming it's a photo of the real thing it looks rather nice and that price is not to be sneezed at.

Regards

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
I e-mailed Hornby about the drive - the motor is in the locomotive & it has two traction tyres - that means it should be comparable to my Trix BR44 which has pulled 42 coaches. They did not say what the motor actually is though.

IMHO traction tyres are not really required on either model, unless you have helix's on your layout.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 11 Dec 2007, 13:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>that means it should be comparable to my Trix BR44 which has pulled 42 coaches.

We'll never find enough couplings again!!

Regards

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Am I reading it right that the loco is for sale in the USA for $245 (£125)!!!

With a metal body it is seriously tempting even for me!

If it appears in the UK for this sort of money then I could easily be tempted to take up HO!

A similar but not the same Fleischmann from the same store in the USA is $350 (£175) without metal body.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
233 Posts
QUOTE A similar but not the same Fleischmann from the same store in the USA is $350 (£175) without metal body. You are referring to their BR 56 which is one of the finest example of the mouldmaster's craft to be found anywhere, a truly excellent model that does not receive its full praise IMVHO.

Liliput offer possibly the best example of a metal bodied locomotive in their BR62, take a look at these pages to show its full potential: Steph's BR62

I was slightly disappointed by Hornby's choice as the Roco version although old set the benchmark for all 'supermodels' when it was released and its latest version still stacks well against newer models and at a decent price. I will, however, order the Hornby model as my Roco BR58 is almost 30 years young and in need of some rest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts