Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
10,003 Posts
As an eastern region modeller, this kind of coaching set is of interest to me. The difficulty for me is that they are always marketed under their original names - Jubilee set, Coronation set and so on. That's fine if you are working in their original introductory time frame, in this case the mid 30s but what happened to these sets subsequently? In my case I am wondering what happened in the 50s. I presume that they were probably still in service but what trains were they part of and what colours did they run in?

I think it would be a great marketing + if the website blurb that accompanies the kits could say a little about the whole lifetime of the stock and not just the beginning. Then maybe people like me would pluck up the courage to buy a kit and try carriage building for the first time and get some variety into our Hornby / Bachmann rakes of coaches.

David

·
Administrator
10,003 Posts
QUOTE Thankyou for your sugestion. concider it done.

I look forward to reading it. I am sure you will remember to provide a URL for us all to have a look at once the units go into production.

QUOTE There will be another etch that will contain the trussing that will be sold as an optional extra if you want to make them in their later form. tha artwork for this is also done but as with the coaches themselves it all needs a little tweaking. it will probably be tackled around easter next year.

That's the stuff I'd want. I agree with your reasons for the delay. To stay in business you need to make money.

David

·
Administrator
10,003 Posts
QUOTE In brief, they were dispersed around three BR regions, ER, NER, ScR, and never ran again in the original formations

That would suit me quite well as I don't have the room for a full set.

Thanks for the information.

David

·
Administrator
10,003 Posts
QUOTE Hasty summary of Harris, LNER Coaches, on post war use:

Sounds like a useful book. Is it still in print? Maybe I could find a copy at Warley?

Thanks for the info.

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.