Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts

Hornby will be releasing a new range of Welsh Skaledale buildings that will be sold exclusively at OnTracks in Herefordshire, the closest model shop to Wales that the sales reps are able to deliver to without switching to 2ft narrow gauge..

Each model will be supplied with 3 OO scale sheep and a bag of authentic Blaenavon coal.

Click here for the info on the full range.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wow, nice Joke, that is

·
Administrator
9,898 Posts
> Do the sheep come with wellies ?
Why? Do you have small feet?

David

·
Registered
94 Posts
Highlight my post

·
Administrator
9,898 Posts
> Am I the first to spot an April Fool joke, if so it is the first time ever,
Sadly not, but there it does have a deeper, darker side for some.

David

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
"Ontracks may also have to issue a free Hornby pylon kit with each station building as well as the sheep and coal!"

Actually, I believe they are also offering Faller wind farm kits.....

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

This is the name of a town in North Wales. The name translates as "The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio's of the red cave" in Welsh, has long claimed the fame of having the longest name in the world. However, there is a hill in New Zealand called

Click here for another photo of the real station.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I've got a platform ticket (edmondson) from LLanfairPG dates sometime back to the 70's.

I understand you need Brains to live in Wales.

Regards

John

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ah "Brains"

Now you're talking
Brewed in Cardiff and locally known as "skull attack", it's the drink of men and definately not for "Boys".
Those of a weak constitution should stick to their "Designer Larger" and leave the real beer to the grown ups

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Gwent rail @ 2 Apr 2007, 23:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ah "Brains"

Now you're talking
Brewed in Cardiff and locally known as "skull attack", it's the drink of men and definately not for "Boys".
Those of a weak constitution should stick to their "Designer Larger" and leave the real beer to the grown ups

Somewhere I have got a photo taken many years ago of a wall near Cardiff Central(?) station. the advertising reads: It's Brains you need. I have sampled the beast on numerous occasions and still have some of my brain cells left. (at this point waits for pithy response from dbc50).

Regards

John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts