Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
QUOTE (simonj @ 14 Oct 2007, 21:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Came across this on a German site, I've not seen this manufacturer before and it looks like they are releasing a stack of Swiss products.

http://www.wabu.ch/de/angebote_n_d.html

You need to download a pdf to see the pics/specs.

They are a Swiss company who do limited edition repaints and conversions. They do not come cheap! A second hand EWIV conversion to a driving trailer sold on e-bay in Switzerland this week for a mere CHF820 which is about £340 (WABU N-077.001 SBB EW IV Bt 4 Steuerwagen - 1. Version (Artikelnummer: 120166639021)!! A repaint of a Lima NPZ also went for CHF685 so a bargain at around £285 (WABU N-506.001 SOB SÜDOSTBAHN NPZ RBDe 566 mit EW I B Artikelnummer: 120167323643)

Great stuff if you can afford them!

Geoff

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (Geoff Booth @ 14 Oct 2007, 22:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They are a Swiss company who do limited edition repaints and conversions. They do not come cheap! A second hand EWIV conversion to a driving trailer sold on e-bay in Switzerland this week for a mere CHF820 which is about £340 (WABU N-077.001 SBB EW IV Bt 4 Steuerwagen - 1. Version (Artikelnummer: 120166639021)!! A repaint of a Lima NPZ also went for CHF685 so a bargain at around £285 (WABU N-506.001 SOB SÜDOSTBAHN NPZ RBDe 566 mit EW I B Artikelnummer: 120167323643)
Great stuff if you can afford them!
I have heard interesting stories about Wabu, for example no two of same model comes out looking exactly the same! Interesting quality control there?

That a Bt driving trailer could go for £340 is quite crazy in my opinion, and Roco who make the EW IV coaches are mad not to do a Bt that matches exactly their coaches. Scratch-built models or ones converted from Minitrix EC coaches that I have seen just don't 'cut the mustard' at the end of a rake of Roco coaches - normally the windows do not align between the coaches and thus the colours are not level because these depend on the windows!

Roco could do the SBB Bt in both EW IV green/white/red and the new ICN black/white/red. Incidentally BLS EW IV coaches with KKK go for huge sums of money on eBay - Roco should really re-release them given the success of the other re-issues of late. A BLS Bt wouldn't disturb me either!

Throw in directional lighting and I would be very happy to pay £35 (i.e. 1/10 of Wabu!!) for a Roco Bt...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts