Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello

I have just started being interested in railway models today I bought my self a Hornby catalogue, so I've got alot of reading to do..

As you can tell from my username I do like some of the stobart locomotives.

Any advice or information would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Hello StobartHauler4 and welcome to both the forum and the hobby in general! I hope you will find both very enjoyable! If you have any specific questions please fire away, theres pretty much always someone here with the answer your looking for!

Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (80class @ 17 Feb 2008, 17:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello StobartHauler4 and welcome to both the forum and the hobby in general! I hope you will find both very enjoyable! If you have any specific questions please fire away, theres pretty much always someone here with the answer your looking for!

Rob

Is there other companies that produce railway models other than hornby?

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Yes. Worldwide there are many different companies. For UK outline, the other big manufacturer is Bachmann (www.bachmann.co.uk). I suggest you look through the links section on the forum and look at some of the big internet model railway shopping sites like hattons, rails and ontracks.

Happy reading,

Rob

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (StobartHauler4 @ 17 Feb 2008, 17:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hello

I have just started being interested in railway models today I bought my self a Hornby catalogue, so I've got alot of reading to do..

Welcome to the forum - ask away with any questions - there is a wealth of experience here - most importantly - enjoy your hobby.

·
Registered
174 Posts
QUOTE (StobartHauler4 @ 17 Feb 2008, 17:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hello

As you can tell from my username I do like some of the stobart locomotives.

Any advice or information would be much appreciated.

The current Class 66 eddie the engine is made by Bachmann. Follow the ink and scroll down to the very end of the loco's and she is second to bottom.
Eddie the engine

Hornby did a special class 47 3 years ago in Stobart green (I have one spare if interested, I have 2). they also did a modern scaledale warehouse for Stobart at the same time.

The Eddie Stobart fan club have some wagons as well. Set of three I believe and also a train set with a little 0-4-0 steam loco and some wagons.

You have to register now on the fan club to buy stuff but should be able to browse to see if they are still in stock.

HTH Darren

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (darobi @ 18 Feb 2008, 12:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The current Class 66 eddie the engine is made by Bachmann. Follow the ink and scroll down to the very end of the loco's and she is second to bottom.
Eddie the engine

Hornby did a special class 47 3 years ago in Stobart green (I have one spare if interested, I have 2). they also did a modern scaledale warehouse for Stobart at the same time.

The Eddie Stobart fan club have some wagons as well. Set of three I believe and also a train set with a little 0-4-0 steam loco and some wagons.

You have to register now on the fan club to buy stuff but should be able to browse to see if they are still in stock.

HTH Darren

Do you know if they have any ideas of bringing more eddie trains out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts