Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i have just bought the flying Scotsman mag does anybody have an advice on how to build one. I have built numorus plastic models an sometimes paint parts before i put it together, Can i do this as i build the train or should it be done at the end thanks chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE (Al @ 2 Jan 2008, 19:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Without being unkind Chris, have you worked out how much the full kit will cost and how long it'll take to get all the parts...?

Check out this link. It's the same model...

your link works out to £590.50 not much of a saving If Chris is like me dont have the money to go out and buy it in one go but can buy the flying scotsman over sametime what the problem

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (deadeye2959 @ 2 Jan 2008, 20:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>your link works out to £590.50 not much of a saving If Chris is like me dont have the money to go out and buy it in one go but can buy the flying scotsman over sametime what the problem

Deadeye2959 is right an it maybe expensive but at the moment i dont have the money, an all i asked was for some advise any way i have OO, if i enjoy this O scale i may change. I no its expesive thats why i asked for advice.

·
Registered
574 Posts
End of the day, it's your choice on how you buy the model. However considering it'll take 2 1/2 years to collect all the bits, I wonder how long the appeal of the model will last...

Anyway, back to your question. From what I've seen of the kit, it appears to be mainly etched brass and cast white metal for soldered construction. If I was biulding it, I'd build it first, then paint...

·
Registered
136 Posts
It is NOT exactly the same as the DJH model as that is all metal. This new kit is based on the DJH original, they are supplying some parts, but other bits such a the boiler and wheel centres will be produced in China in plastic - and so in theory should be much cheaper to produce. For further details look at http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index...15&start=15 where wiggy25 has actually spoken to DJH about this - they are still writing the instructions as new pieces are produced !!

Hope that helps

Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks, i have been thinkin thou is it for a beginner? an then where do i run it i live in a flat? maybe i will cancel my subscription tomorrow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts