Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone i am Sacred, no not really but well you get the idea. Anyways i'm 17 and currently at college.

I have been intrested in trains all my life, there was a darkish phase between my 13th and 16th birthday but recently i have been reunited properly with my love of trains. I have had a layout since my 11th birthday and well during my phase the board was abandoned mainly because i didnt have time, proper space and the money to build it up. I have been getting my board out this week having a little play, checking all my engines and i am pleased that all is working.

I cant wait to start buying things for it and make it abit more of layout then it is so far (track pinned down and board painted green with the odd spash of grey for a road). Its just a grounding layout for now so it may change

I love Southern trains, just the lovely green colours of them, i love my Sir Dinadan, so glad i got it when i saw it. I also have a terrier (2). I have a few other engines too but i aim to get more soon.

Thanks for reading and a big hello

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm new to the forum too and even started a topic in this section of the forum about myself and my layout but haven't been welcomed yet,must be still deciding whether to or not.Anyway hi and welcome to the forum Sacred.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes

Doug: I prefer steam locomotives to modern trains, the Eurostar is nice but i love steam engines.

Dynamite26: Well i'll say hi to you, welcome to the forum and a big hello too.

CeeDeeI: I am glad i got back into it too, shame it's still pretty expensive to make model railways. Not to mention the fact that there is no where in Ashford now selling model railway stuff, its all Remote Control cars. Closest places are Maidstone and Canterbury and that means money to travel there too. I do hope to expand my layour and build it up but i am abit restricted by space

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forgive me for the double post but i cant seem to modify on my old one. I was wondering if anyone could help me track down some models? I am trying to get hold of SR engines in the olive green colour. I have always been after one called Cranleigh but there are other schools class models similar to it and I would be super happy if someone could help me find some of them. The closest i have got so far is ebay, but its not reliable that i will win the bids and it can get pricey. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.