Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts

Bachmann Europe Plc has released further models in the Underground Ernie series of toy trains in good time to make Santa's busy delivery schedule.

Two train packs have been released in the form of Bakerloo (UE202) and Victoria (UE203). Each train pack comprises of a powered car and trailer and faithfully replicates the trains from the popular television series created by Joella Productions. Both train packs have a recommended retail price of £34.99.

Also released is International Station (UE 301) which includes platforms, arched canopy supported on six columns, four figures including the Mayor, seats, information monitors, loudspeakers, lamps, poster boards, trees and retail kiosks. The station provides plenty of play value and retails at £27.95.

Graham Hubbard, Managing Director of Bachmann Europe Plc said "Underground Ernie is important for the future of model railways. It is a growing global brand that we are proud to be part of and one that will introduce many youngsters to the delights of owning and operating a train set. As the programmes start to appear in other countries, then we have everything in place to cope with the demand. We will be adding further trains later this month".

Thought: I wonder if they will produce 'Metro Michel' for the French and 'Subway Sam' for the Americans?

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Is it my imagination or does Victoria look remarkably like one of Victoria's descendants?

David

·
Registered
174 Posts
Bugger. Here's me thinking we had finished Xmas shopping for the nipper!

I must say the station looks very good value for the price especially as the discounters will have it for less.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
I am trying to think of any part of this that could be usefull to us. i think the station canopy is actually quite a good rendition of the jubilee extension stations. forget the supports and the platforms that are far too child like. think about the canopy sitting on the baseboard with paths and grass around it just like canary wharf. then in the side of the module you could have an underground line. using jubilee stock from metromodels.

Just a thought.

Peter

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 7 Nov 2007, 19:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is it my imagination or does Victoria look remarkably like one of Victoria's descendants?

In that case it finally dawned on me who the Bakerloo one is modelled on. It looks remarkably like Sherlock Holmes as played by Basil Rathbone.

QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 8 Nov 2007, 10:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am trying to think of any part of this that could be usefull to us.

I was thinking about the power bogie - I haven't seen one and wondered if anyone has any photos or details of them?

Regards

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
two questions.

one......the trackage is not like any other sold by Bachmann...and they do state it is useable with other OO stock.
Who makes it?.....It looks a bit like Kato Unitrack.....my thoughts centred upon tramway track..if cheap enough?

I realise the curves are 18" radius.....but has anyone seen it yet?

any possibilities for easy use on small, shelf, shunting layouts?...[no serious balasting, for example?]

secondly, as BRITHO asks.....what about the power bogies? any use for us bashers?

·
Registered
174 Posts
It's the same as Bachmann US I believe and fits very well together. It has tension lock couplings about 2/3 the size of the large Hornby one. We have run it with Thomas items from Hornby and they are ok together. 2nd radius curves are included in the set with 2 straights for each side. One contains the power connector.

·
Registered
19 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 7 Nov 2007, 15:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thought: I wonder if they will produce 'Metro Michel' for the French and 'Subway Sam' for the Americans?

I understand that all the train characters are already in the pipeline for future production, plus I think the turntable might be interesting when it arrives.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts