Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
Have just returned to HO after many years away...had a lovely setup that dad built back in the 60's but unfortunatly let it go. Have been living in Australia this past 15 yrs with the occassional trip back to Blighty!
Will need all the help I can get from the forum as I am starting to put together a few bits before committing to actually building a layout...have purchased the Hornby Talisman set and the Master Cutler as interest is predominantly steam at this stage although some of the early Diesels look great too!!
Can't speak highly enough of the Hornby after sales service as they have just replaced a couple of coaches inadvertently damaged by us when unpacking for the first time!! Have a lot to learn about the hobby and hope you all can help with layout suggestions and advice about whether to go DCC or to stick with the new controller in the Cutler set.

Anyway ...lots of questions still to pose....heres hoping

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Welcome aboard mate,

What is it with you Oz types - is it an attempt at forum domination!! Enjoy your visits.

Regards

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HI Doug,Britho and Neil, Thanks for the welcome......hey Britho the Aussieis are taking over..I am an ex Brit. but am glad I am now an Australian!!!! (Western at that)

I still intend to model old Engish railways from 30's through to 60's as still have fond memories of steam trains and the Museum at Clapham before it went to York!!

I love the Sr and GWR Models now available so who knows???
Anyway thanks for responding....is there anyone else alive out there??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks CeeDeeI !!!
Will need help ref GWR and relevant rolling stock. Love your website fantastic info...am ploughing my way through the layout build history....you make it look deceptively easy
Living in Spain Eh!!! Hows the dream going...have a few British friends that want to retire down that way...I know prices have risen....Hornby shops thin on the ground???
Thanks for the welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts