Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am about to get all my stuff out of the loft (packed in boxes)and start a new build.
Have been reading the posts for the last 3 weeks and will continue to listen for a while. I am sure i will have some silly questions at a later stage. Its nice to know that there are friendly people with the knowledge out there i think i am goingto need it.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 22 Jan 2007, 10:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Please dive right in with the silly questions - we've all been there and look how we've turned out

Welcome to the fun, I can only echo Dougs sentiments! What location era are you planning on modelling?

Which reminds me I never did get round to introducing myself - I just dived straight in!

Regards

John

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to be in the 50s / 60s. I have a lot of stuff i bought in the early 80s so it is maimly steam with some early diesel the latest I have is a Lima blue Deltic. There are reall problems this time as i have no space to put up a permenant layout and no money either. I need to build a portable layout and add bits on as i go. Hopefully i will have it finished when i retire. Its going to be a long slog, I am going to have a go with a blog and put some more info on that. Its getting close to that time where the panic sets in!

·
Registered
36 Posts
QUOTE (55 going on 5 @ 22 Jan 2007, 11:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am going to be in the 50s / 60s. I have a lot of stuff i bought in the early 80s so it is maimly steam with some early diesel the latest I have is a Lima blue Deltic. There are reall problems this time as i have no space to put up a permenant layout and no money either. I need to build a portable layout and add bits on as i go. Hopefully i will have it finished when i retire. Its going to be a long slog, I am going to have a go with a blog and put some more info on that. Its getting close to that time where the panic sets in!

Sounds an excellent idea and it's what I'm doing. I started from scratch in January last year, and have so far asked many obvious questions.

I also started a blog in January this year. Click the link below to find out more. Also if you need any advice on setting that up - just ask.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts