Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals,

My names Dan, I'm a mechanical engineering student from London and I have layouts in N and OO gauges based on a fictional preserved line near Bath in the UK. I also own a 3 1/2" gauge Britannia steam locomotive but at the moment it is at the start of a heavy overhaul.

N gauge layout:

OO gauge "Westwood Junction" the roundhouse:

Britannia:

I also am considerably involved in creating add-ons for Microsoft Train Simulator such as the Lyme Regis branch where I produced most of the buildings:

I have also helped run the Beckenham and West Wickham MRC's modern image OO layout Horton at several exhibitions in recent years

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
375 Posts
A very warm welcome Dan and a Happy New Year to you.
That roundhouse is a very impressive sight head on like that. They look like they are just waiting for the tape to drop.
Your building work on the simulator is also impressive, in fact that picture could convince anyone thinking about going down the simulator road to take the plunge. Very nice.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dan!

I agree with CeeDeeI: that roundhouse is really impressive - is it the Fleischmann turntable and houses?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

George - yes it is the Fleischmann roundhouse kits but the Turntable is the Peco one to give it a more UK feel.

I must say that the kit was a joy to build, excellent quality mouldings, design and instructions.

I actually built it without glueing the roof sections down. This way I can re-rail any engine that gets derailed inside due to "over-enthusiastic driving!"

Now if I could get enough space to do a full 360 deg. roundhouse...

Regards,

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts