Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all just found this forum and thought i would pop in and say hi . I model British OO here in The Ohio river valley in the US .My layout is a , somewhat , copy of the Churnett Valley Railway located near to my old home town of Stoke on trent .I am currently switching over to DCC and I scratch build most of my scenery and buildings .I also build y own locos and rolling stock or detail and enhance the rtr items i pick up . Anyway i wanted to say hi to all and I hope to learn a lot from the forum .

·
Dogsbody
1,387 Posts
Hi oldknotty

Welcome to the forum.

I'm also modeeling British OO away from Britain. On the one hand there are not to many people who know enough to reliably identify the mistakes, but on the other help needs access to the web in general and this forum in particular.

The forum's great but ocasionally someone throws a cuved ball (posts an obscure reply) mentioning things like stepplecabs. Still haven't found out where they fit on a diesel loco. Are they American by any chance ?

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To the best of my knowledge Steeple cabs are on Swiss locos , UK locos and to a small extent US locos . I think the Swiss " Crocodile " is a steeple cab and so are a couple of LNER locos . There are few kits our i think Judith Edge or maybe Dave Alexander does a LNER steeple cab diesel .

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Hi and welcome

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Hi

Welcome to the forum, Good to hear your doing 00 gauge in the US. Many interested in what your doing over there. Best of luck on here and you will find them a very helpful bunch.

Martin

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Oldknotty and welcome to MRF, we are a pretty friendly bunch with what can only be described as eclectic modelling interests. But thats what the hobbys about.

QUOTE (BobB @ 15 Mar 2009, 14:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The forum's great but ocasionally someone throws a cuved ball (posts an obscure reply) mentioning things like stepplecabs.

I suspect that's me and Alastairq

Regards

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Oldknotty and welcome to the MRF from another overseas modeller though I model in N Gauge.

Sounds as though you are a pretty skilled modeller already so I look forward to seeing your contributions to the wealth of knowledge and experience displayed by many of our members.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts