Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is not much Brit news around at the moment. I have a feeling that all the big guns in the industry are holding back for the big one in December.

No I don't mean Xmas but I do mean the Warley Show at the NEC.

And then there is January of course! There is much speculation and gossip but that is all it is and we only want to bring you hard facts at Model Rail Forum.

So if you have any news or spot any news then feel free to add it to this thread. It gives us something to talk about.

And if its really hot it may even get promoted to the main news section!

Are there any more Model Rail TV type stories out there?

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
As somebody with an interest in mainly OO I will admit to filling my "Warley Rucksack" within the first hour last year and seem to do this every year. To then have to carry several carrier bags around the show in addition during the afternoon as well as a full rucksack makes it an exhausting day. So big Polar Expedition rucksacks are recommended! I wonder how the O gauge modellers get on?

This of course in not an issue for N gauge modellers who can stuff all their goodies into their trouser pockets!

And then when you get on the train to return home the train is either full of people under the influence or teenage girls and both groups give you strange looks when you start to sort through what you have purchased.

It depends on whether the "BBC Food and Drink Show", or the "BBC Clothes Show", is running concurrently with the model railway show as to whether you get the alchoholics or the teenage girls on the train.

Its all great fun though! Last year I was sat on the train with a group of Blackpool landladies who were on a girls day out to the clothes show. They failed completely to understand what grown men see in toy trains. And I failed to completely understand what Blackpool landladies saw in clothes designed for teenage girls!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
487 Posts
I envy the younger modellers with their rucksacks, plastic bags etc and their high earnings
me a modeller - no rucksack, have plenty of Tesco plastic carrier bags, below earnings as I am fully qualified as a S C under state control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts