Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have just got back from Paddington Station, I went there this eveing to have a look at FGW's Night Riviera Sleeper Train in the flesh, Why? you may ask, well since hornby are about to release FGW Mk III's Coaches in "*** Packet Livery, and I already own a Bachmann FGW 57, and x 4 MkIID Coaches in *** Paket colours, I went to have a look at the configuration, well I know that most of you are aware that now the trains are made up of all MkIII stock inc a TGF, FO TSO and either 3 or on Friday nights only 4 MkIII sleppers,
Well what a shock I got in the middle of the gorgeous *** packet rake was a Mk III Sleeper in the new FGW "Barbie" colour scheme!!!

Makes you ponder ?

FGW have 3 rakes of these trains, 2 in service and 1 as a reserve, or so I have been told, so how long before the trains are completely re painted,

BTW I' still getting my Honby Mk III *** packet sleepr Coaches either way

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Hello julian.

FGW seems to repaint their rolling stock evry time the wind changes direction. i am told they have real problems with corrosion because of the sea wall at dawlish.

I was luckey enough to buy some of the *** packet sleepers when lima did them.

I didnt realise theRiviera was such a short train.
i sometimes go along to euston to see the caledonian sleeper go. its a massive train buy uk standards. the guard was telling me they wanted to swap the mk2's for mk3's but it would extend the train buy about 8 feet and make it longer than the platforms!!

Peter

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 20 Oct 2007, 14:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello julian.

FGW seems to repaint their rolling stock evry time the wind changes direction. i am told they have real problems with corrosion because of the sea wall at dawlish.

I was luckey enough to buy some of the *** packet sleepers when lima did them.

I didnt realise theRiviera was such a short train.
i sometimes go along to euston to see the caledonian sleeper go. its a massive train buy uk standards. the guard was telling me they wanted to swap the mk2's for mk3's but it would extend the train buy about 8 feet and make it longer than the platforms!!

Peter
You don't happen to have any pictures of the Caley sleeper do you Peter?

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
My camera is pretty crap and couldnt handle the low light. i got back and found i had a camer full of black!!

In all honesty the pictures in the model rail express and model rail have been far better than anything i could take at the station. i did make some notes of the formation though.

Peter

·
Registered
267 Posts
Call this coincidence but i did take a few yesterday of it pulling out of Euston - I'll put some pictures of the various parts in the gallery shortly.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Jennings @ 21 Oct 2007, 16:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Call this coincidence but i did take a few yesterday of it pulling out of Euston - I'll put some pictures of the various parts in the gallery shortly.
Excellent,
I look forward to seeing some.

QUOTE In all honesty the pictures in the model rail express and model rail have been far better than anything i could take at the station. i did make some notes of the formation though.

Peter

What was the formation Peter?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts