Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the minutes of the last NMRA meeting:-

QUOTE The next meeting in Europe will be September 20th to 22nd 2007 in York, GB, hosted by
Bachmann UK on invitation of Graham Hubbard. Thursday the 20th will be the day of arrival
and for conversation at the hotel. The meeting will continue on Friday all day and Saturday
morning at the National Railway Museum. http://www.nrm.org.uk. There will be a tour including
the normally closed workshops.

Would anybody be prepared to take bets that a full working production model of Dynamis is not unveiled during the course of this weekend?

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
As background as to how manufacturers view these meetings here is a list of those present at the last meeting:-

Participants:
Name Company or Organization
Dr. Hans Peter Förster Fleischmann
Georg Fuhs Viessmann
Dr. Frank Grünig Fleischmann
Arnold Hübsch AMW
Hiroshi Kato Kato
Richard Kopplinger Modelleisenbahn GmbH
Torsten Kühn Kühn digital
Jürgen Lindner ESU
Gunnar Müller Brawa
Reinhard Müller NMRA
Allen Pollock NMRA
Peter Rapp Lenz Elektronik
Uwe Riemann Bachmann-Liliput
H. Lee Riley Bachmann USA
Andreas Schiek Brawa
Winfried Seewald Tillig GmbH
Kersten Tams Tams Elektronik GmbH
Marcel Thomas CDF
Rüdiger Uhlenbrock Uhlenbrock Elektronik
Dr. Thomas Vaupel Uhlenbrock Elektronik
Didrik Voss NMRA - Chairman DCCMWG
Dr. Peter Ziegler Zimo Elektronik

One thing I have noted from the last meeting is that the NMRA DCC logo is to change and be updated as the current one is viewed as dated. Something for manufacturers to be aware off if they are planning on putting NMRA DCC logos on their latest packaging.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
QUOTE (Gary)One thing I have noted from the last meeting is that the NMRA DCC logo is to change and be updated as the current one is viewed as dated. Something for manufacturers to be aware off if they are planning on putting NMRA DCC logos on their latest packaging.

I wonder if bachmann have had the leaflets printed yet??

Peter

·
DT
4,794 Posts
As we said earlier, Bachmann have really gone to town in pointing out Hornby's woes by letting everyone know about how NMRA compliant their Dynamis will be.

If all goes well, Bachmann will be presenting the NMRA with a nice boxed model at the NRM (perhaps a sound equipped Deltic) and the NMRA will be presenting Bachmann with a nicely framed conformance certificate for the Dynamis.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
QUOTE Bachmann will be presenting the NMRA with a nice boxed model at the NRM (perhaps a sound equipped Deltic)

Now how do I go about getting on the European NMRA DCC committee?

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 21 Jul 2007, 21:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As we said earlier, Bachmann have really gone to town in pointing out Hornby's woes by letting everyone know about how NMRA compliant their Dynamis will be.
If you were running a rival company wouldn't you too? Hornby really have handed it to them on a plate.

I notice the absentees from that list are the abstainers from mainstream digital, Hornby (Hornby digital) and Maerklin (Motorola).

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Doug wrote "... just speculation. There is a 1:1 Deltic at the NRM so it would be a great model to present."

It'd need a hell of a big box!

·
Registered
827 Posts
QUOTE Now how do I go about getting on the European NMRA DCC committee?

Happy modelling
Gary

This a European meeting of the DCC Technical Working group. NMRA members or manufacturers active in the use, development and/or promotion of DCC may apply to join.

See http://www.nmra.org/standards/DCC/organization.html for contact details.

I'm hoping to attend, for the first time, with my SPROG DCC hat on.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Sprog,

We'd love to hear the inside scoop. Obviously your work should result in your opinions being heard. What ideas would you put forward given the chance. I would be very interested in your thinking.

Where does DCC need to improve standards wise and what is possible given the competing interests of the manufacturers. I'm interested in what people think in general and not particular to Hornby, Bachmann or the UK for that matter since this is a European meeting. Nice to see it is being held in the UK though as that can't be a bad thing. I hope all of the British companies not just the majors come there with an open mind. There is room for other small manufacturers besides those in the US and Germany to provide products.

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE Would anybody be prepared to take bets that a full working production model of Dynamis is not unveiled during the course of this weekend?

I'll definitely have to organise a trip to visit my daughter that weekend, except that York is just about the last uni in the country to start lectures - like the third week in October!!

David

1 - 14 of 14 Posts