Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv'e noticed there is a used Noch Gras Master for sale on e-bay. Iv'e read positive reports in the modelling press about these.Any of you guys used one?

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Overly expensive gadget if you ask me!!

·
Totally Crazy.......
684 Posts
Its really really good for large areas, make sure you watch the instructional video and i would suggest to get bthe extra add on the spout attachment as well. Makes the grass stand up well !!!!!!

Nikki

·
Registered
114 Posts
Got the Noch Gras Master today...not impressed at all...my first gripe is that i can only use it with the cone attached since it was shipped without the locking ring and the other screens for use without the cone..so only very small areas can be done. Furthermore it doesn't seem to increase the "stand-up" of the static grass anymore than the Noch Static Puffer bottle ($12)...so in my humble opinion the Gras Master is an over-priced gimmick...save yourself some money and use the bottle...same results for $100 less cost.

Cheers
Gene

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
*** My experience isn't the same as yours - and given overall ocmment I have read, most find a cler improvement - I do too... and on the few occasions I used one a static device like grassmaster gives a clearly different result to the puffer bottle.

For some examples of good results look at Neils layout thread - perhaps asking how he uses it may lead to a few techique changes that will give you better results.

regards

Richard

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
From what I've just read, the screens used would be the issue. I am assuming that you have followed the instructions so I won't reiterate what they say. The grass effect is far better when large areas are done with the screw in wire gauze. The cone, which is intended for smaller areas, isn't all that much better than the old puffer bottle. But when the grass master is used properly with the correct screens the effect is far better than the puffer bottle. See if you can get the screw in wire screens from somewhere as that seems to be your problem.

cheers

Neil

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have you guys had a look at this on fleebay its a fraction of the cost of the grass master,might be worth a go

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110562240213&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Sorry Rob. That 'link' is not a link.

Is THIS the one you mean ???

This type has been around for a while and works on the same negatively charged static electricity principle as the Noch. They are, however, pretty crude and the results can be inconsistent. Now ask yourself why the Noch Grassmaster costs so much more.

·
Premium Member
3,462 Posts
QUOTE (Expat @ 2 Aug 2010, 20:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry Rob. That 'link' is not a link.

Is THIS the one you mean ???

This type has been around for a while and works on the same negatively charged static electricity principle as the Noch. They are, however, pretty crude and the results can be inconsistent. Now ask yourself why the Noch Grassmaster costs so much more.

I got one like that one and it did the job ok,but did find it took a long time to get it looking right, One thing you must not do is touch part of it when it;s on
your end up flat on your back as I found to my cost .

Dave

Trevor how you doing have you had any treatment yet,.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts